Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Shineray X Trail 250cc for sale in Beijing. $800 USD. Approximately 3200 miles 
    I am currently riding this bike through China. I bought it in Kunming and plan to be in Beijing April 13.. i have a daily ride report on ADVrider. My name there is Doogle also. When I get near Beijing I will start going to dealers to sell it to. I fly home April 15.

Doogle
    Been here awhile
    The Shineray X Trail.

I've wanted to do my review of the bike I'm riding.
    At first I thought it was very underpowered. I think most of that was caused by the altitude. It has adequate power. It's not close to the Honda 250 though. The speedometer and odometer broke at 334 kilometers.
    The fuel gauge was iffy the first tank full. Then it was useless.
    The left turn lights don't work anymore.
    The tachometer works most of the time. But if I have the lights on, it reads about 1/2 the actual rpm.
    The headlights are very weak.
    One of the 2 bolts that attach the headlights was missing.
    The high beam indicator is on when the beam is on low.
    The rear brakes are very weak.
    The front brakes are strong.
    Suspension is better than I expected.
    The seat is better than on the Honda.
    The panniers are tough to lock. And the 16 bolts attaching each should have acorn nuts on the inside. The long bolts tear things up.
    I think most of these things could be fixed easily if I had it at home. So I have just gotten used to it.

I've changed the oil twice. It hasn't used any oil. And the oil has come out very clean.
    It has been a great bargain for me. Yes, things could have been better. But a better bike would have cost 3 to 4 times as much.

I did have a fall/ slide on ice with the bike. The damage from that:
    1. Broke clutch lever. Replaced.
    2. Bent shifter lever. Obvious looking at it. But I don't notice it when riding. Still bent.
    3. Left pannier rack is bent in slightly.
    4. Bottom of the left pannier has minor scuffs. You can see if you get on your hands and knees.
    5. Wires pulled out of the left hand brush guard. They light the supplemental turn signal lights on the brush guard.

Through April 7, I have approximately 2270 miles on it. I expect to add another 1000 miles going to Beijing.
    =========================================

This bike will be for sale on April 13 or 14. I paid about $1350 for the bike for and 1 years insurance. I want $700 now. Half price. It isn't plated yet. My understanding is you have 30 days to put plates on when buying a new bike. And the next owner can plate and register wherever they want

2. #2 Re: Shineray X Trail 250cc for sale in Beijing. $800 USD. Approximately 3200 miles 
    If I may chip in as well.
    The invoice was never issued on the understanding that Doogle would let the dealer know in Kunming what name to issue the invoice in later.
    Because for people who have never plated a Chinese bike before you need the invoice in your name to allow you to plate the bike in your name ?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Yes, the Fapiao (official tax authority registered invoice) must be issued in the name of the person/organisation that appears later in the vehicle registration document (green book). Additionally you need the little tax book, the related valid ID card, the hukou book or a residence registration card related to this ID. Only then you are able to register a vehicle (at least in BJ) As I know as foreigner in BJ municipality area you can only get a A plate (currently ~90k RMB). A B plate can be only registered under local ID. There are far out BJ districts where a foreigner can get a B plate ( not sure which are these).

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #4 Re: Shineray X Trail 250cc for sale in Beijing. $800 USD. Approximately 3200 miles 
    C-Moto Regular
    Jackson Hole by GuYaJu, Yanqing county, Beijing. And sometimes west coast of Canada.
    of course in Beijing a foreigner can still get a "public B" plate registered through an agent. In that case the plate will be in the name of the agents company, not the foreigner's name, but its legal as you sign a waiver taking all legal responsibility for the motorcycle. Of course anyone buying this motorcycle will absolutely need an agent. A motorcycle sold in Kunming but registered in Beijing is probably possible but is out of the norm - you need an agent who knows how to do this.
    In China: 2013 Benelli 600gs
    In Canada: 1980-'85 Shovester (under construction), 1983 kz440

5. #5 Re: Shineray X Trail 250cc for sale in Beijing. $800 USD. Approximately 3200 miles 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    In Shanghai (can't vouch for Beijing), registering motorcycles is complicated especially so for a motorcycle bought from a dealer outside the city limits. Fapiao has to be issued by a Shanghai registered company (Shanghai Fapiao [taxable business]). If the fapiao is issued by a business (registered business licence) outside Shanghai then the motorcycle cannot be plated with a Shanghai plate. Not sure if something similar might occur in Beijing since the changes to the motorcycle registration regulations etc.

TIC (this is Ch!na) where every jurisdiction is its own minion of power.

YMMV
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

6. #6 Re: Shineray X Trail 250cc for sale in Beijing. $800 USD. Approximately 3200 miles 
    Let's hope he can sell the bike and have a happy ending to a great trip he has had all over Asia.

But remember Doggle to check you GPS before you start you day ride.
    Only joking mate safe riding for the last few days.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: Shineray X Trail 250cc for sale in Beijing. $800 USD. Approximately 3200 miles 
    C-Moto Guru
    Did this sell?
    Not sure what a shineray x trail is.... Is that a small x5 250 or the enduro x2... Or another?

8. #8 Re: Shineray X Trail 250cc for sale in Beijing. $800 USD. Approximately 3200 miles 
    The guy sold the bike let it go for 2000 RMB was a bargin for the buyer.