Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Benelli, Znen, Vespa, Braktec, videos, expos and more (May- China Motorcycle News) 
    C-Moto Senior englishman in china's Avatar
    All the news from the Chinese motorcycle industry around the world...

For your free read go to

http://chinamotorcyclenews.com/

All the best and keep the rubber on the road!

Dave McMullan

2. #2 Re: Benelli, Znen, Vespa, Braktec, videos, expos and more (May- China Motorcycle New 
    A friend of mine just bought a Ducati scrambler, it has an evaporative canister on it. I first noticed the canisters on motorcycles at last year’s motorcycle show, they are kind of big and ugly, but eventually the manufactures will be able to better integrate them into new designs adding them to exiting models they often sit obtrusively in plain sight.
    I read about the new regulations and it is to reduce the amount of evaporation that occurs from fuel systems, the reason for concern is simple, more pollutants enter the air that way then from exhaust.
    I am not surprised that the Chinese manufactures, are not abreast of changes in regulations. It also does not surprise me that the major manufactures are, the regulatory agencies will not pass laws that are not economically feasible so in that they confer with major manufactures, since they are the experts.
    I do not see any information that states that EFI is required to meet these new rules, seems that it requires sealing and preventing evaporation of gasoline fumes. The matter requires a lot more research and relying on the Chinese for their interpretation is not such an objective way of doing so.
    Looking at the mater pragmatically, it would be in the best interest of the Chinese to hire engineers that have the responsibility to monitor regulatory agencies in markets they sell into.
    These regulatory agencies are not backing off, they will keep pushing. Considering there are 850,000 estimated off road vehicles in California they are looking to reduce any future pollution added to the air from their collective fuel systems.
    It is likely the Chinese solution is to import large numbers before 2018 and sell them?

https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroad/orrec/orrec.htm

notice they have a mailing list link....

3. #3 Re: Benelli, Znen, Vespa, Braktec, videos, expos and more (May- China Motorcycle New 
    Here is the complete article on production numbers for the first Quarter 2017.

I cut and pasted the first paragraph translated.

China's motorcycle industry began to upgrade in 2012, then experienced a 5-year continuous decline, production and sales from 27 million, down to 2016 less than 17 million, a decline of more than one-third.
    This year, China's motorcycle industry production and marketing started a good, domestic and export signs of stabilization, with last year to maintain the basic flat. These circumstances show that China's motorcycle industry transformation and upgrading has achieved initial results.

http://www.chinamotorcycle.com/ShowNews_553929447715_1.aspx

The growth occurred in March at less than a percentage for the year 2017 overall. It is all misleading since there is little consistency across the industry overall. A month earlier the industry was still in attrition.
    http://www.chinamotorcycle.com/ShowN...9721881_1.aspx

4. #4 Re: Benelli, Znen, Vespa, Braktec, videos, expos and more (May- China Motorcycle New 
    I wonder about the EVOKE, the hub motor is a pretty simple concept.
    One thing I wonder about is calling it a motorcycle and it not having a foot brake? I seem to recall that CFMOTO was forced to recall its automatic motorcycle, because it did not fit the NHSTA definition of a motorcycle, which has independent brake controls. Seems crazy but true though.
    They were required to recall all the vehicles and install foot controlled brakes.
    When selling in the United states all vehicle has to meet safety standards, in whatever category they are in, scooters are or have different descriptions then motorcycles.
    I am not sure if the regulation changed or not?
    https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-201...2012-20480.pdf

5. #5 Re: Benelli, Znen, Vespa, Braktec, videos, expos and more (May- China Motorcycle New 
    C-Moto Senior englishman in china's Avatar
    Bloody hell, I'd better give the chaps from Evoke the heads up on that.

6. #6 Re: Benelli, Znen, Vespa, Braktec, videos, expos and more (May- China Motorcycle New 
    read section 51672, S4 Definitions, category 3-3, problem with use of wording single brake and single brake system definition in column three.

I believe they may require an SSBS where there's subsystems that are connected to one control?

I would be guessing that the case against CFMOTO was that they had one system and if it failed you would have no brakes?