Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
Hey, Bob, I had the feeling after you moved to Pattaya that you'd turned your back on China for good. How you are moving to one of so-called "three great furnaces" (the others being Chongqing and Nanjing)! I don't know much about riding in Wuhan, but it should be good if you can get out of town, since Hubei basically marks the westermost limit of the vast Yantzte River flood plain. This is why the Three Gorges Dam is just upriver from Wuhan. The word "gorges" alone should get your juices flowing, though of course those particular three gorges have all been inundated in a couple hundred meters of silt-(and pollution-)laden river water...

Here's part of the wikipedia entry on Hubei:

What takes you there?

Keep us posted!

cheers

Lots of people say good things about Wuhan, which has a culture all its own and lots of revolutionary and strategic history. Very spicy food.

Greetings Euphonius & Thanks For The Info,

I'm a contract worker with my permanent home in Thailand (house outside Pattaya & house/rice farm in Surin). I have worked all over the world but in the past 7 years mostly in Asia & The Middle East. Most recently I was Quality Director for Foster Wheeler building boilers for export to projects all over the world. I will have a similar position in Wuhan for 2 ~ 5 years.