Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Evoke Technical videos/user experience 
    Just started making information videos about the new Evoke electric motorcycles. First video is just describing the basic differences between an evoke and a normal gas bike. If you guys have any questions/suggestions, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV_-g2guvls&t=7s
    Winging it since 1991

2. #2 Re: Evoke Technical videos/user experience 
    Are you attempting to sell these?

Because the approach is not good, I am not sure what is going on but SOCO took a basic Idea and mass produced it,
    http://www.supersoco.com/second-phase/ch/index.php

I am not being confrontational, but the Soco are retailing in China for $725.00, top speed is about 50km and range is 100km.

Seems the concept would require a top speed of 45mph as to be able to stay ahead of traffic and not be an obstacle on roads, then the range should be fine for commuting, the bike is bit small in size it could be bit bigger for western markets, but the prices needs to be low it is pretty simple technology. The battery is the big cost.

If you are comparing compare to the Soco, not a combustion engine, your market is not that. It is millennials and first timers.
    Last edited by MJH; 05-25-2017 at 02:47 AM.

3. #3 Re: Evoke Technical videos/user experience 
    I don't understand what you mean. The Soco is more of a scooter with a 50kph top speed so they are for a completely different market than an Evoke. With a 200km range, 134kph top speed and a 0-100 time of 6.0 seconds, its more like a 400cc motorcycle. I've had a lot of bikers ride Evokes and really liked them for city riding and commuting but these guys wouldn't bother with something that tops out at 50kph

I work for the company and get asked the same questions about the bikes over and over again so these are information videos rather than adverts. I link these to customers so they can see a bike rather than just read about them.

I made another video about charging and maintaining the battery. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IyhzSIDr-I
    Winging it since 1991