Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    OK I hit a wall ... sort of. I have done a few runs and she has maxed the torque and speed at 50-53 mph (GPS) up hill around 7000-7200 rpm. Do I need more air / fuel / or both? Lets say stock is 24mm and I am looking into the polished intake with a 26mm-28mm (not to large) carb to get more air and both carbs can be had with jets to richen or learn her out (I prefer rich to save motor). Also what is up with the cam ratios?!?! I know small block Chevy cams- heads-intake performances but I am new to the scooters lol. I know the gear ratio will be best for the BBK in the future but right now I am looking at carb / intake / air filter to change that will work with the 150cc and be adjustable with the BBK in the future.*
    I have been down and out for over a week now (R.A. has kick my butt big time) from my left knee and leg being swollen the size of a volley ball. The motor is sill not broke in yet , still under 500 miles, and I want to ride ... so bad. The weather also has been picking at me but hey that happens living in the south east.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....
    Two wheels down head on a swivel

2. #12 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Hope you get on the road soon!

3. #13 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    https://youtu.be/tEtDyKi9cpo
    Link to video of me doing a test run. I was riding and my nephew was behind me but I did not know who it was. Hit the turn before the bridge running 58.3 mph GPS (caution 45 mph turn) and the death wobble started lol I know better than that. Maybe getting ready to change gears again and do a variator weight/roller (not sliders) change. She rides good and adjusting to her real good. Trying to set my torque up in the right spot.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

4. #14 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Great video! Felt like I was there...

5. #15 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Have you considered to do some kind of current variator tweaking in a way, to do some discrete grinding here and there? Although scooters (and English language, for that matter) are not my cup of tea, I've heard (and saw) that some "Dremel" action, together with things you already did, do good on scooter's transmission.

An one more thing, that was recently confirmed for me one more time - for Chinese engines, heedful break-in is a must. Even doing nothing with the engine, after break-in period, you will sense the difference - it'll run smoother and cooler, be more agile, consume less fuel... Unless you kill the engine before that... So, I am convinced that after some 1500 miles, you too will sense that on your scoot.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #16 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Have you considered to do some kind of current variator tweaking in a way, to do some discrete grinding here and there? Although scooters (and English language, for that matter) are not my cup of tea, I've heard (and saw) that some "Dremel" action, together with things you already did, do good on scooter's transmission.

An one more thing, that was recently confirmed for me one more time - for Chinese engines, heedful break-in is a must. Even doing nothing with the engine, after break-in period, you will sense the difference - it'll run smoother and cooler, be more agile, consume less fuel... Unless you kill the engine before that... So, I am convinced that after some 1500 miles, you too will sense that on your scoot.
    Thanks. Yes. I have the variator weight kit to find the right size. Hoca set came in this a.m. and the Teflon Hoca variator also new gears. Call it a late fathers day gift from my son. He hooked me up. I will do the weight change today and get the rpm back up before I change the gears out.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....
    Last edited by Heedehcheenuh; 06-23-2017 at 04:40 PM.

7. #17 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Quote Originally Posted by culcune View Post
    Great video! Felt like I was there...
    Thanks. I was trying to get a good camera view so I could watch the rpm/speed so I can figure out what way to go from there.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

8. #18 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    The surroundings looked like very good scooter surroundings :) Interesting tuning of a scooter too :)

9. #19 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    The surroundings looked like very good scooter surroundings :) Interesting tuning of a scooter too :)
    Thanks. I love this area. Lots of open roads and farm land. That is why I am trying to get her up to speed (55-60 mph GPS) so not to get run over lol. During spring and fall you have to watch for the farm trucks and tractors around here..for sure. Like I said before 8 miles to the nearest town/city in either direction from my small town.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

10. #20 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Quote Originally Posted by Heedehcheenuh View Post
    Thanks. I love this area. Lots of open roads and farm land. That is why I am trying to get her up to speed (55-60 mph GPS) so not to get run over lol. During spring and fall you have to watch for the farm trucks and tractors around here..for sure. Like I said before 8 miles to the nearest town/city in either direction from my small town.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

Sounds like a heaven :)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast