Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Most important thing is that it doesn't sound like he is gonna surge the piston.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Heedehcheenuh, about passing cars at 60... It reminded me of a old joke. I hope I could convey it's essence with my awful English.

One shocked guy talks to his friend:
    - I was driving 50 on the highway and I suddenly saw in my rear view mirror galloping horse who's about to pass me! I step on the gas and the horse was still at my tail! I'am driving 70, and the horse, I swear to God, passes me just like that! What the f.... could be that!?
    - Was that horse with "bay" coat color? - ask a friend.
    - Yes, it was!
    - With the white face?
    - You've got it!
    - Did he had a brown polo saddle?
    - That's the one, man!
    - Red leggings too...?
    - Oh, man, you saw it too! What was that!? How can this damn creature can run over 70 without breaking a sweat?
    - Yes, I know this horse. But don't worry, it's all OK. He is just crazy.

So, don't be surprised if guy at your nearby gas station start to calm down random travelers with words: "Don't worry, it's Chuck..."
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #32 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Most important thing is that it doesn't sound like he is gonna surge the piston.

Ah, well, a little bit of excitement on a way does not hurt anybody, life would be much more boring if there would be no danger of Miroslava getting a PMS breakdown Also she is a bike, so whatever happens can be much more easily understood

3. #33 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Return run: Video 4

https://youtu.be/LTnoGNNr_wU

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....
    Two wheels down head on a swivel

4. #34 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 

Heedehcheenuh, about passing cars at 60... It reminded me of a old joke. I hope I could convey it's essence with my awful English.

- I was driving 50 on the highway and I suddenly saw in my rear view mirror galloping horse who's about to pass me! I step on the gas and the horse was still at my tail! I'am driving 70, and the horse, I swear to God, passes me just like that! What the f.... could be that!?
    - Yes, it was!
    - With the white face?
    - You've got it!
    - That's the one, man!
    - Red leggings too...?
    - Oh, man, you saw it too! What was that!? How can this damn creature can run over 70 without breaking a sweat?

So, don't be surprised if guy at your nearby gas station start to calm down random travelers with words: "Don't worry, it's Chuck..."
    lol At my age I do not worry. As long as I do not have to jump off and push it to pass lololol.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

5. #35 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 

- Yes, it was!
    - With the white face?
    - You've got it!
    - That's the one, man!
    - Red leggings too...?

lol At my age I do not worry. As long as I do not have to jump off and push it to pass lololol.

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

6. #36 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Parts came in and every thing is on. I replaced the 9g rollers with 12g rollers. The engine dropped down to 7,000-7,200 rpm range but only reached 58 mph GPS. I may put the 10g set in it (Took out the 9g set) and see how she runs from there. With the 12g set she felt like she was lugging along want to cut loose and breath. Belt made a world of a difference and was easier to get on. Clutch pulley had the belt more towards the outer edge like it should have been. Muffler sounds like a frippen glasspack lol. The old muffler showed traces of soot even thought it was light so she is not running lean. First back fire from the new muffler scared the mess out of me lol so the baffle may go in .. but I like the loudness. "Loud pipes saves lives!" I enjoy slowing down blipping the throttle to make it cackle and people turn to look like what is that.
    I just wonder if she prefers the 8,000-8,500 rpm range. Every time I go heavier weights and taller gear she just lugs around. I want to think she is solid enough to ride those rpms seeing as I did see 10,000 rpm on her on one run with 6g rollers. I did not hold it there but hit it and she became buzzy. (Down a short hill with a head of steam and only hit 55 mph)* In the last 2 videos she was holding 8,000-8,200 rpm range and was smooth as silk. I wonder if this engine prefers the higher rpm range like that. When I ran the 8g test she ran smooth and perfect at 8,700-9,000 rpm range and was not buzzy. I was just a little to loud exhaust wise for me. Over the winter* I may get setup with the BBK from the jug up. I am trying not to go to far yet. I want to get the most out of the 150cc engine first.

Heedehcheenuh

Chuck D

Ride on.....

7. #37 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    Those sound pretty impressive RPM ranges for a Chinese scooter

8. #38 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    2015 Honda PCX150 wooohooo I got cleared. Yeah baby! Gotta find a way to go get her now.*

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

9. #39 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Enjoy that PCX150... I think they're a fun lil scooter. Rode one quite a few thousand km's back in 2014 in Northern Thailand. Lots of fun. Economical especially the model with the auto engine start-stop feature. Quite nippy lil engine that will do a 100km/h without too much drama, nice underseat storage and relaxing seating ergonomics... There's also a surprising amount of aftermarket accessories available, well in Thailand since the PCX150 and the earlier PCX125 are popular scooter choices....
    Enjoy.
    I'm thinking you might be swinging a leg over that lil Honda PCX scooter more often than not, I know I would be if it was between the Honda and the Ch!nese scoot
    YMMV
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

10. #40 Re: New rider from South Carolina USA 
    She is here. Midnight blue with the metal sparkle. Looks black but she is not. Rode home 53+ miles and not even a 1/3rd tank of fuel. Hit rev limiter a few times but she can hold 55-60mph smooth and up hills. Did not have any issues with comfort and with the wind blowing I was not bounced around like I thought I would be. Ohhh I am a happy rider/camper now. I will look into the variator mods to bump up the speed so not to hit the rev limiter on those shorts hills lol. First thought it was som weak gas but then I remembered ...

Heedehcheenuh
    Chuck D
    Ride on.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast