Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    I've ordered parts from the factory and I live in China - 2 months and still waiting in chain guard and sump plug washers - I ordered most plastic panels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.evans101 View Post
    Pics from my bike, just for future reference, should anyone search this post:

Sinnis Apache 250 (EFI model, 2016) - QingQi QM250GY-F

Attachment 19277

The dash has analogue rev counter on the left and a digital panel on the right.
    The middle panel has lights to show current gear selected (top - showing green, N neutral in my pic) ,turn signals and a high beam light at the bottom
    The digital panel has a speedometer, trip meter and milage reading, as well as a clock and petrol gauge. The odometer can be reset by the button on the far right that also switches modes between trip/total miles and clock/clock setup.

The offending FI red light is in the bottom left - its not on, just reflecting. It comes on at full intensity for a few seconds during the EFI start up check when the ignition key is first turned on then dims to that shown in the pic. My dealer confirmed its the Fuel Injection warning light that goes off after initial auto checking.

Attachment 19279

Above, the EFI fuel injection system box, in the right hand side, as mentioned in the above posts.

Below pic can be ignored - can't seem to delete it after mistakenly uploading it, lol - my Pirelli Angel CTR
    Ride it like you stole it - till it doesn't run well leave good enough Chinese crap alone - Vroom Vroom has the same bike and his light comes on at times too I think he said
    Take the bulb out, easy test is test O2 sensor if bike feels a bit weak or surges
    For the rest its wires a fuel pump with relay that ecu box all in 1 and just an O2 sensor
    Of course an injector too

Banned
    I think it might be a Seimens injection set up - not confirmed
    It's 100% not Delphi or Bosch like other Chinese bikes

4. #14 Re: Sinnis Apache 250: FI dash light flashing red 
    The dealer should have the tool, if the light becomes bright and stays on, it means an error or fault was detected.
    It is not worth your trouble to try to find a tool, The EFI light is like the CEL on an auto if it comes on you connect the diagnostic tool and it lists the error code.

It would not hurt to have the dealer check it, they likely would do it for free.

5. #15 Re: Sinnis Apache 250: FI dash light flashing red 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks MJH,

Just done 70 miles run on it with a few stops - no issues today.

To be honest the UK dealers get all their imports and just re-sell through the single UK importer in Brighton. So, they can do basic mechanical checks but any other work is referred to Brighton dealer. I know the guys in my bike shop quite well so when I stop by next weekend I'll call in for a chat and ask about the diagnostic tool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12