Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Guru
    So I've just bought a bike in Beijing. Is shubens x2. My plan now is to ride it from there back to Shanghai (where I live)in the late part of June. I have nine days and the first day will be taken getting to Beijing, so eight. I've planned to take in coastal Shandong, to visit yantai and qingdao. So Beijing-yantai-Qinghai-Shanghai. The approximate route is in the pictures attached or below. Baidu gives this as 1, 700km. Any tips? Anyone available for any part of the trip?
    Concerns are that I can't take the express roads... Getting across the Chang Jiang involves finding a smaller road or ferry.. Other concerns...a sore bum? As it's an enduro bike.
    . This morning I looked at baidu maps similar to Google earth with topography included... It seems to be mostly flat. Anyone know of scenic spots or must see parts of this coastal trip.. Or perhaps I should scrap out and go more direct inland? Opinions welcome. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19311[/INSERT][ATTACH=CONFIG]19312[/INSERT][ATTACH=CONFIG]19313[/INSERT]image.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images

2. #2 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Senior
    Beijing registration - plate by any chance? Shanghai municipality enforcing the >>>NO OUTSIDE PLATED MOTORBIKES<<< ban across the whole Shanghai municipality (province) as of March 2017. The Shanghai S20 (Outer Ring Expressway) was the border line before but things changed quickly earlier during 2017. Be well aware of possible upcoming problems in case of any incidents / accidents with locals or just riding a outside Shanghai registered motorbike...

Welcome to Shanghai and enjoy your stay! PAL

3. #3 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Beijing registration - plate by any chance? Shanghai municipality enforcing the >>>NO OUTSIDE PLATED MOTORBIKES<<< ban across the whole Shanghai municipality (province) as of March 2017. The Shanghai S20 (Outer Ring Expressway) was the border line before but things changed quickly earlier during 2017. Be well aware of possible upcoming problems in case of any incidents / accidents with locals or just riding a outside Shanghai registered motorbike...

Welcome to Shanghai and enjoy your stay! PAL
    Cool, thanks for the info... do you have a source for this?

4. #4 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Senior
    Sure, just for you some friendly advise and apologies in advance for spoiling the "Lets ride into the Shanghai Sunset Dream" somewhat as some people will say otherwise but open your eyes, pretty obvious really in plain sight, plenty of them old and new signs around everywhere now entering Shanghai municipality (province) via well known smaller side roads and around - nearby national highways (G320, G312, G318, G204). Don't you hate that awful feeling, constantly nervously looking over your shoulder, knowing very well your about doing something borderline illegal and just hope nothing happens. Want to play in Shanghai, gotta pay as they say!

Welcome to Shanghai >The Pearl of the Orient< and enjoy your stay ~ ride safe! PAL

ps: once they implement the rumoured -NO GASOLINE- for outside plated motorbikes across all service stations for the entire Shanghai municipality (province), the real fun and games will start and Shanghai bike plate costs go through the roof once again and the authorities get what they want in the end as less motorbikes around... It's a long way to push a bike to get across to Jiangsu / Zhejiang provinces for a relaxed refill....

Attached Images
    Last edited by Pal; 06-04-2017 at 10:24 AM.

5. #5 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Senior
    National Highway G318 Sunday 04/06/2017 afternoon, police having a great day out once again with out of town plated bikes and some e-scooters thrown into the mix.

Welcome to the Pearl of the Orient Shanghai, enjoy your stay ! PAL

DSC08641.jpgDSC08630.jpgDSC08636.jpgDSC08638.jpg

6. #6 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Senior
    As a free Sunday bonus, included a few pictures to show were bikes go to die after confiscation, know of eight similar vehicle impound lot locations around Minhang - Qingpu - Songjiang - Jiading districts of Shanghai.

Welcome to Shanghai >The Pearl of the Orient< and enjoy your stay ~ ride safe! PAL

DSC08626.jpgDSC08620.jpgDSC08619.jpgDSC08618.jpgDSC08616.jpg

7. #7 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    Take the easy way across the long bridge on your motobike.
    I did no problem just need a bit of speed.

OI001876.jpg

The police will chase you if there can.

Back to your trip head to Penglai then onto to yantai the keep going east to Weihai.
    All these places have nice coastal roads the hard bit for you will be finding them.
    After Weihai head down the east cost to the mountain range just north of Qingdao very nice coastal road here.

Now your big problem is to either go under (tunnel) or over ( bridge) to get over the estuary but motorbikes are banned in both cases.
    The legal way by road is shit loads of tucks, bad roads.
    Remember Qingdao is a motorbike banned city so be careful.
    Have a great trip on a great bike.

P.S. Just came back from SH area from the CFmoto open day.
    What a shit hole who would want to put up with all the shit which is going on.
    Move over to the Ningbo area great mountain rides within 15 mins.

Based in Longkou you pass my door step.
    As a friendly guy who's not scared to show his face ping me a PM and I try and meet up with you to help you along your way.
    Last edited by prince666; 06-04-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #8 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Guru
    Or, maybe a loop near Beijing would be more interesting
    .. As chinav posted in an older thread "best trails in China"[ATTACH=CONFIG]19340[/INSERT]
    Attached Images

9. #9 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    definitely some nice tracks that you show on your map.
    Your only problem is that you don't want to leave that area anymore as you find these tracks are just the beginning.
    Maybe move to BJ?
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

10. #10 Re: Beijing-Shanghai late June 
    C-Moto Guru
    Still planning the original route and thinking of leaving Dongbei till later... so Beijing- Yantai- Shandong- Shanghai

Great article here.. the guy made it Beijing -Shanghai and back in twelve days with a stop of 2-3 days in Shanghai...
    I have a couple of concerns.. firstly, I'll be on a 300cc 2x2 so the seat for long distance may be excruciating, the range for the petrol tank is comparatively small and can this bike handle this? The one in the article is a big cruiser (a Harley?)

http://www.rubberonroad.com/category...g-to-shanghai/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast