Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 CF650TR Spares ??? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi All

There seems to be far fewer spares available for the CF650TR on tabao & aliexpress, anybody else have any suggestions for alternative places to get spares from that will post to the UK?

Thanks

Tony

2. #2 Re: CF650TR Spares ??? 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Tony if you need something specific, I can possibly help. I think that the 650TR isn't supported as much on Taobao because the TR-G and now the MT are the newer kids on the block. Also there are different techniques and strategies needed for searching on Taobao, since some sellers use different means to advertise something that might have a different name or expression in Mandarin language than in English. Also IP address geo-location comes into play as well. results may differ due to vairances between Taobao as seen inside the mother kingdo0m versus outside in the 'free' world. Just saying...
    CFMoto parts also has a Taobao store presence. TB also uses an in built messenger (AliWangWang) which is very useful for communicating with sellers directly. However to use AliWangWang the messenger to communicate with TB sellers you will need Chinese language skills.
    The cost to buy here might be cheaper than in the UK or elsewhere abroad, but then be mindful of taxes, courier/freight, plus there's the downside to many fake or substandard or clone products. Buyer beAware.
    The other influences here is the numbers game, the 650TR has been out for quite a number of years, the aftermarket has done its thing so it moves onto the next best thing, and that right now is the 650TR-G and 650MT.
    YMMV
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

3. #3 Re: CF650TR Spares ??? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi

Thanks for the reply, I'm ok, I don't need any spares myself, at the moment, but, as I said, someone else I know is looking for replacement panniers, he's had them on backorder with WK bikes now for a few months, with no sign of them ..

Cheers

Tony

4. #4 Re: CF650TR Spares ??? 
    Hi Tony
    Good to hear you are ok.
    The panniers on the new TR-G and the same design as what is on the TR, so I can't see why WK are unable to get them.
    IMO I think WK is waiting for its next container of bikes to come over from CFmoto.

After 70.000km of great riding on the TR-G, I have moved on the new MT now.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: CF650TR Spares ??? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Yeah

I saw that, still wish they'd euro 4 the TR-G, or even the current TR, at least by the time I'm ready to replace my TR !! Have to say my TR is still running really well, and it's come into it's own this year, as my commute to work is now a 120 mile round trip, unless I take a scenic route home, then, it could be a lot more .. Luckily, whilst the commute was daily to begin with, it's now just generally once or twice a week !

6. #6 Re: CF650TR Spares ??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
    Hi Yeah

I saw that, still wish they'd I 4 the TR-G, or even the current TR, at least by the time I'm ready to replace my TR !! Have to say my TR is still running really well, and it's come into it's own this year, as my commute to work is now a 120 mile round trip, unless I take a scenic route home, then, it could be a lot more .. Luckily, whilst the commute was daily to begin with, it's now just generally once or twice a week !
    WK should have the new MT in soon, have a look at that.
    For now, because the domestic sales of the TR-G outnumber the production run, I dont think CFmoto are looking to export the TR-G in the near future.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #7 Re: CF650TR Spares ??? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by linuxyeti View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the reply, I'm ok, I don't need any spares myself, at the moment, but, as I said, someone else I know is looking for replacement panniers, he's had them on backorder with WK bikes now for a few months, with no sign of them ..

Cheers

Tony
    I think that is me, I did get some eventually from the dealer but the colour was so far off I sent them back.

Phil