Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Hi guys,

My name is Alexey (though many ppl call me Alex) and I have relocated to China (Beijing) at the end of last year due to the job offer that appeared to be very attractive.

Was riding Harley Electra Glide Ultra (FLHTK) and BMW GS for quite a while so from the very first months after relocation to BJ I started thinking about a reasonable solution to ride motorcycle here in China, both in the city area and potentially to other provinces. As you can imagine, I have visited several dealers here (where was unpleasantly surprised with the prices for the imported vehicles), looked through secondary market classifieds but felt myself uncomfortable to buy used vehicle w/o reliable navigation from some local motorcycle expert whom I would know.

Well, to make a long story short - I've got a proper driving license and have finally bought new CF Moto 650 TR-G which seems like a good and reasonably priced solution. Thanks a lot to MCM community who helped me with my choice!

Was also thinking about new CF Moto 650 MT which looks more suitable for the city commute but I travel with my +1 very often so her backseat comfort had to be also taken into account. 650 MT is definitely good for a single rider but somewhat small-ish for a passenger (imho).

The box was delivered from the factory just within a fortnight after an order and was unpacked last weekend.

image1.jpg image2.jpgimage1.jpg

The dealer asked for a couple of days to do paperwork and install some extras so I will kick off my new moto-story just in a few days.

I am not a professional moto-expert to provide technical and detailed comments on a motorcycle performance but would be happy to share with you my impressions once I run some miles on TR-G.

I am pretty sure I will have some questions on maintainance, tuning, travel routes and hints so thank you in advance for sharing your experience and wisdom.

See you guys on the roads!
    image5.jpg

P.S. I usually give names to my vehicles, both to cars and motorcycles....the previous "dudes" were Moris, Badu and Ray...need to come up with a proper name for this new and white friend:) Ideas welcome!

2. #2 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Wow, the front wheel was already installed inside the box.

Congrats of the bike, it looks good, and still saying so even though I have always disliked faired motorcycles. Thank you also of the great pics.

The bike is white. It looks very femine. I think it is Venus, even with all those fairings, or maybe it is not Venus because of those fairings since Venus came naked out of the sea. Ok, got it, it is obviously Miss Moneypenny A humble, bit classy, and cute secretary ready to serve

3. #3 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Hi Alex and welcome to MCM
    With nearly 70.000 Km clocked up on a TR-G over the last year, I can confirm you have purchased a great bike.
    Needless to say, IMO it can be hard work due to the 252kg dry when riding general road throughout China.
    Around Beijing, Toll roads, good "S" roads spot on with the bike.
    But you will soon find out "MANY" Chinese road are not in good condition and with the bike loaded up for touring (2 up) at times you will wish you were on a lighter bike.
    I have opted for the MT now and will see how this bike pans out over the next few ride.
    Last edited by prince666; 06-27-2017 at 09:11 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

4. #4 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Many thanks moilami and prince666,

yeah I thought about the weight but after riding 450kg Electra Glide pretty much on various roads I hope that 250kg buddy should be an easier ride. But will see of course. I am somewhat more concerned about the threadneedling of traffic jams as TR-G is pretty wide (998mm). Again, will see how it goes.

I have already added rear case, front and rear guards, LED fog lights, navigator cradle and keep thinking what else is needed.

Have you by chance seen any online catalog of accessories and tuning parts that are available for CF Moto? Either original or aftermarket one?

My Chinese is not yet sufficient to surf through Taobao myself but if there is a page/website you can point me to - I will try to identify right items with the help of my Chinese colleagues.:)

5. #5 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post

The bike is white. It looks very femine.
    Well, fair enough - but let me disagree re femine:) was thinking about "Brady" (wideshouldered), Day, Albee (white?)

6. #6 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Welcome to the Beijing Rider community.
    You will know what your bike is capable of on good road after doing a loop

BJ -> S213 to Sihai -> east on S323 to LiuLiMiao -> few km south onto G111 -> east on S310 to MiYun -> south to JinCheng expressway and back to BJ.

ca. 300km with 200km mountain curves at least :-)

If you look for other riding companions drop me a PM.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

7. #7 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexeyich View Post
    Well, fair enough - but let me disagree re femine:) was thinking about "Brady" (wideshouldered), Day, Albee (white?)
    I see, ok, then I think he could be George A civilized gentleman Also as he is top of the line Chinabike, the monarchist heritage of George is mirrored

8. #8 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    I see, ok, then I think he could be George A civilized gentleman Also as he is top of the line Chinabike, the monarchist heritage of George is mirrored
    Cool, great idea! Will keep thinking though - but thank you already!

9. #9 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    Welcome to the Beijing Rider community.
    You will know what your bike is capable of on good road after doing a loop

BJ -> S213 to Sihai -> east on S323 to LiuLiMiao -> few km south onto G111 -> east on S310 to MiYun -> south to JinCheng expressway and back to BJ.

ca. 300km with 200km mountain curves at least :-)

If you look for other riding companions drop me a PM.
    Sounds great! Loke this type of roads. I guess I was somewhere there already (I was renting BMW here in BJ from my friend since March) but definitely will take my TR-G for the ride you outlined:)
    Will drop you a line closer to one of coming weekends, agree?

10. #10 Re: Alexey & CF Moto 650 TR-G - New kids on the block 
    Ok, I am out just now at KFC so I quickly mention a few other bits you need.
    1 Taller screen.
    2. 12v USB port with a connection point to use an air compressor.
    You have a USB point already under the left-hand flap but best to have 2 ok
    3. some spare wing mirror covers and the bracket that holds the glass as you will hit them at some point and the bracket is designed to break?

Mirrors are the parts that take a hit now and then.
    Sometimes you are lucky and the outer cover just pops off and is easy to pop on, but after a few time, the clips get worn so that when you need a new one.
    When I get back I post you the link for parts to fit the TR-G.
    Last edited by prince666; 06-28-2017 at 01:53 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast