Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: WK Bike Colt 50

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 WK Bike Colt 50 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi All

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned on the forum before, but can anybody tell me what the WK Colt 50, actually is please?

http://www.wkbikes.com/50cc-motorbike-colt-50.html

Many thanks

Tony

2. #2 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    Tony, I think that this is the same bike as one sold in US as SSR "Razkull" 125 (damn those Yanks; they could name it "Ra's al Ghul" instead, it would be uber-cool), but with 50 cc engine. "Youtube" is already cluttered with it's reviews, so you can get some picture what kind of bike is this midget. If 50 cc raises some concerns, just take a look at some pit-bike forum, "Planet Minis" for example.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #3 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi Zorge

I've got no concerns with it being 50cc, as, for the first year my daughter would have it, my daughter can't legally ride anything bigger than a 50. It's, more a case of finding who the manufacturer is, so, if I have trouble geting spares over here, I know what base model to look for !! I'm pretty sure the engine is a Zongshen

It also seems to be for sale over here as the Yamasaki YM50R

4. #4 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    For this engine, there is s...load of spare parts practically everywhere. It doesn't matter are they from "Zong" or some other nameless factory. You can keep running this engine for decades.

You may be concerned only about the "tupperware", but IMO, this midget was legally imported by the UK based company, so even the law obligates them to provide spare parts, how much... seven years after they quit selling those bikes?

If you are still interested to find out "who's this kiddo is", you can type this bike's VIN number on some site (I forgot address, sry) and in second you'll get all the info.

And not to forget...

Go Wolves!

The Baggies are faggies!

5. #5 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi Tony,

The WK Colt 50 is not the same as the Yamasaki YM50R - the 'Yamasaki' is from a different factory using a different engine.

Our version is sold across Europe, selling over 6000 units in the past year and we are really happy with the quality of this bike (otherwise we wouldn't import it). We also have a huge spare backup held at our base in the UK.

If you do go ahead and purchase one for your daughter, I am sure it will prove to be a great first motorbike.

Any information you might need, just let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Kind Regards,

WK Bikes

6. #6 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    WKBikes, freeze! Don't run away!

There will be some questions...

7. #7 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    Quote Originally Posted by WKBikes View Post
    Hi Tony,

The WK Colt 50 is not the same as the Yamasaki YM50R - the 'Yamasaki' is from a different factory using a different engine.

Our version is sold across Europe, selling over 6000 units in the past year and we are really happy with the quality of this bike (otherwise we wouldn't import it). We also have a huge spare backup held at our base in the UK.

If you do go ahead and purchase one for your daughter, I am sure it will prove to be a great first motorbike.

Kind Regards,

WK Bikes
    Hi WK Bikes and welcome to MCM.
    How is all then gang doing back at the farm doing?
    Did you notice the promotion video made by CFmoto.

Link ...... http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg3MD...8770.3416059.1

Best to view video in 1080p check setting at the bottom

All the best Steve

P.s. do you have the New MT in yet from China
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #8 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    WKBikes, freeze! Don't run away!

There will be some questions...
    Hi Zorge
    I had the privilege to meet all the team at WK back in England last year.
    and again at a trade show here in China.
    Nice guys good set up.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

9. #9 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    I got the impression that they are a company that has clear development strategy, and therefore I would like to see one of WK people active on this forum, I hope for mutual satisfaction (and, why not, benefit).

10. #10 Re: WK Bike Colt 50 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by WKBikes View Post
    Hi Tony,

Kind Regards,

WK Bikes
    Hi there

Yes, nice to see you on this forum, I own a CF650TR (Have a word will you with CFMoto, about Euro 4'ing the TR-G !! :-) ) Thanks for clarifying that it's not the same as the Yamasaki, but, I'd still like to know what the base bike is before it was badged as a WK. Don't worry, I've been pretty happy with the service from WK, but, I've found from experience, of owning other chinese bikes, that it's always handy to know of alternative places to get parts should getting them become problematic in the UK. I was no different with my Enfield, and I built myself up a list of Indian suppliers, just in case ..

Cheers

Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast