Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    I got famous on Chinese news including newspaper QQ news and many others for stopping stupid traffic at my place - I've taken dozens of videos call police multiple times removed keys from a crane a van at a construction site halted a bus confronted the driver boss and cops called - I always win cause TIC doesn't truly wash yet road rules do in the end when you push the issues legally as much as you can with cops etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. #12 Re: The dangers of riding in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post

Expect the unexpected all the time when riding in China it will save your life?

As description nothing wrong with traffic signals but faulty driver. Use some loud horn may I suggest?
    开车是唯一的杀人方式而司机自己本身不会被枪毙的,摩托车永远是弱势群体。
    同志仍需努力

3. #13 Re: The dangers of riding in China 
    As description nothing wrong with traffic signals but faulty driver. Use some loud horn may I suggest?

Every one of my bikes is fitted with.

1. Very loud Horns
    2. Extra LED and or HID lights
    All being said we are hoping they hear the horn and take note and look?
    But when you are dealing with dick heads who are more interesting on talking on the phone as they ride/drive.
    Don't hold out for much hope.
    Last edited by prince666; 07-27-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Loud pipes help too .....

Beside that I keep the finger on the horn button until they react.

Caused by the permanent short beep, beep the people don't react to this anymore. Let the horn blowing long makes heads tuning.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    Loud pipes help too .....

Beside that I keep the finger on the horn button until they react.

Caused by the permanent short beep, beep the people don't react to this anymore. Let the horn blowing long makes heads tuning.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    All my bikes including ebike have an after "me" accessory friggin air horns! And my ebike has Dixie horns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. #16 Re: The dangers of riding in China 
    C-Moto Regular
    To be honest, I hate talking about this because it gets very frustrating very quickly. The locals KNOW what they are doing is extremely wrong and unsafe. However, there are idiots are constantly on the road. I had a long discussion with some local friends and they have a valid point where its true that Millions of people can abide to the law and then one extremely careless person ruins it for everyone but the behavior spreads. I've also noticed that many foreigners are doing stupid stuff on the streets also (or it sticks out more, dunno which).

Whats even more curious is when I stopped getting frustrated and got some loud ass horns like you all have my frustration level seems to have dropped... My loud pipes also help because they stare and stop which helps.

7. #17 Re: The dangers of riding in China 
    Hi Hok

After nearly 9 years and riding many many Km in China I have come to believe that even the good drivers/riders see so much shit that even the good ones start to believe its best "Do onto you as you do unto me".

When so many people flouting the law one gets pulled into the same boat, but for me, I still have another common sense to know when to draw a line.
    But that said have I crossed over RED LIGHTS before here in China, YES.

Have I missed a junction on toll roads before and rode the wrong way down a toll road, YES.

But for me, the big differents is I don't do these things recklessly?
    Does it make my action right, NO?
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

8. #18 Re: The dangers of riding in China 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    I like to share some "snapshots" taken from a recent video when I was riding through Sichuan Province.

The first picture you can see as I was approaching a tunnel behind a biker friend in front.

You can clearly see the tunnel is one way with the 2 GREEN LIGHTS at the top of the tunnel showing to use bothe lanes.
    Also on the left, you can clearly see the traffic coming towards me with a RED X lights advising you not to use this lane.?
    As I enter the tunnel all looks fine, as I am following my friend in front.

As the tunnel starts to bend to the left, I move over to the left-hand lane.

From the first picture, when I notice a car to the time I was level with the car is only 2.5 seconds.

So all new members and riders here on MCM, Be very very careful.

On exiting the tunnel I just need to check I was in the right and I didn't see things with the 2 green lights?
    YES, 2 RED X was above the tunnel, clearly advising people NO FUCKING ENTRY.

Expect the unexpected all the time when riding in China it will save your life?
    Great video and truly scary.

How do you get such long videos? I think it was you who mentioned before that you have your gopro on loop- constantly overwriting material. You must take a lap top with you on trips and download each evening..

9. #19 Re: The dangers of riding in China 
    Hi Monkey
    I have a 64 GB sim card in my GoPro and with the setting i use the I can record 4.5 hours of videos.
    The videos come in blocks which follow on from each other in 17 mins blocks.
    I don't carry a Lap Top about with me, good chance it will be damaged and all ways travel light IMO.
    So how do I remove the video's from the SIM card ?
    Easy with the use of an app on my smart phone and using a Kingston ML WG4 unit, see picture.
    I can view, delete and transfer the video's to a Seagate 3 TB remote Hard Drive.

20170819_210514.jpg

You can get a ideal of the size by the lighter in the picture.
    If you have a good smart phone then it does most of the things you can do on a Lap Top.
    The only down side is the internal storage, but with the remote Hard Drive then I have 128 GB with the phone and 3000 GB with the hard drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12