Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    I have watched ride through Tiger Leaping Gorge. It looks to me like Morača Canyon in Montenegro.

17 min 43 sec. Is that memory card capacity?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #12 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    I have watched ride through Tiger Leaping Gorge. It looks to me like Morača Canyon in Montenegro.

17 min 43 sec. Is that memory card capacity?
    Have a 64 G card in the GoPro, with the setting I get 4.5 hours.
    GoPro videos in blocks about this length of time and the next block is just a roll on.
    Rode Moraca Canyon in Montenegro?
    Not the same Zorge IMO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Leaping_Gorge

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mora%C4%8Da
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    I saw that dozen of your videos have the same duration - 17:43, so I realized that there is some pure technical reason for that.

And it is clear that two canyons are not the same, but I tell you what were may first impressions when I saw your video. I have passing through Morača Canyon quarter of a century ago, sitting on a back seat of my father's car, impatiently waiting for the seashore to appear.

4. #14 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    Hi Zorge

The Video I like is the one on the G214 leaving Deqin early in the morning, Temperature was about -5C so I was expecting some BLACK ice.

My riding friend was up in front.

You will notice I am taking it very easy, at 3.00 look to the far right of the video and you will notice my friend starting to run back up the road?
    As I get to the right-hand corner I see my friend who is looking very scared and indicating he had come off and for me to slow down.

What you don't see is as I pass him he grabs my back top box and helps me to slow down.
    Brakes are not doing much.... lol

I decide to let the bike roll further down the road into the sun hoping the road will be in a better condition, and also there are other roads users behind me and I need to make sure I get out of there way.

I think it was the big lorry further down the road that originally hit the road bank.
    Some get scenic views worth a look.

And did my friend save my Bacon .......... A BIG YES.

link ..... http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg3Mj...zp.8253869.0.0

Watch in full HD is best.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #15 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    Oh, yes, I have watched this "winter" video (among, so far, half of dozen other videos from your channel). Crisp scenery indeed. I can almost feel this sharp cold air.

But tell me did you make some videos in which you interact with the people you met on the road?

6. #16 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    But tell me did you make some videos in which you interact with the people you met on the road?

The only interaction I like is between me the bike and the countryside.
    I tend to give the people a miss ????

7. #17 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    Ice equals death with a motorbike.

8. #18 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    In Finland to get from A to B by road, you will have many choices, I would imagine.

Many times in China you don't have an option?
    In This case, I was trying to get Shangri-la to Ya'an
    The best way would have been to take the G214 heading north to Markam then on the G318.

Nice and easy, but as you pass Deqin on the G214 you start to cross over into Tibet.

So that leaves me with the only option is to take the X219 heading over some very high mountain peaks, it is the end of April the chances of snow covered roads was very high.

So as the saying goes "Onwards and Upwards"

With the correct tyres and a lighter bike, the roads would have been more interesting, then scaring the shit out of me. lol

So now you have it.

9. #19 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    In Finland to get from A to B by road, you will have many choices, I would imagine.

Many times in China you don't have an option?
    In This case, I was trying to get Shangri-la to Ya'an
    The best way would have been to take the G214 heading north to Markam then on the G318.

Nice and easy, but as you pass Deqin on the G214 you start to cross over into Tibet.

So that leaves me with the only option is to take the X219 heading over some very high mountain peaks, it is the end of April the chances of snow covered roads was very high.

So as the saying goes "Onwards and Upwards"

With the correct tyres and a lighter bike, the roads would have been more interesting, then scaring the shit out of me. lol

So now you have it.

We have that shit everywhere twice a year, and I always hate it :)

10. #20 Re: CFmoto Promotion video from my trip from China to the UK and back. 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    The only interaction I like is between me the bike and the countryside.
    I tend to give the people a miss ????
    I had the same feeling on many of my China adventures. I love the country, but found 99 out of 100 social interactions were tedious. It gets very depressing to keep talking about how much your bike costs and why you want to ride a motorcycle instead of driving a car. Every once in a while, you come across a genuinely interesting person with good information to share.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast