Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    Hi guys,

I am planning a 1 week (max 10 days) trip from Beijing to Qinghai and back in the second half of Sep 2017.
    At the moment it is at the wishful thinking stage, however I would need to nail down key points sometime relatively soon to start working on logistics.

Current crew is 2 ppl on one tourist motorcycle (CF Moto TR-G), we generally do not do camping so would need to find accommodation spots to take naps at nights.
    Also, we generally prefer to use different routes for the way TO any destination and BACK from it and try not to see same roads two times.

Current plan is to decide on major items by end-July, prepare for the trip with no rush within 4-5 weeks afterwards and to be generally ready by 1st decade of September.

My Chinese is pretty limited (HSK 2 at max), however some experience from travels in other parts of the world (e.g. in South America, Cambodia etc) showed that nothing is impossible to agree on, even in rural areas w/o proper local language skills. China might be different though.

We would be happy if someone from MCM community decides to join us to make the trip more efficient, safe and balanced in terms of communication, mutual support etc.

Should you have any suggestions (could be totally different) regarding the destination, route, logistics, warnings, advices - all ideas welcome! (N.B. - Except from "you better stay home":))

2. #2 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    You better stay at home

Take Metalmonkey with you, and keep the pace slow enough for his enduro :) Better yet, chose some dirt roads too and have him waiting for you :)

Make it Epic!

3. #3 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    C-Moto Regular
    Hi, Alexey.

I am located in Xining (Qinghai province) and could join you for few days ride here. PM me when you're planning your trip.

cheers

4. #4 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    Hi, a_steel, nice to e-meet you!

I understand there is ca. 1700 km from BJ to Xining so with no hurry it should take 2 days for us to arrive and we can take it from there!
    Alternatively, I am thinking to take a bit to south first and stop by Xi'an for a day or two. But anyway, I'll sort it out.

Will be in touch soon!

5. #5 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexeyich View Post
    Hi guys,

I am planning a 1 week (max 10 days) trip from Beijing to Qinghai and back in the second half of Sep 2017.
    At the moment it is at the wishful thinking stage, however I would need to nail down key points sometime relatively soon to start working on logistics.

Current crew is 2 ppl on one tourist motorcycle (CF Moto TR-G), we generally do not do camping so would need to find accommodation spots to take naps at nights.
    Also, we generally prefer to use different routes for the way TO any destination and BACK from it and try not to see same roads two times.

Current plan is to decide on major items by end-July, prepare for the trip with no rush within 4-5 weeks afterwards and to be generally ready by 1st decade of September.

My Chinese is pretty limited (HSK 2 at max), however some experience from travels in other parts of the world (e.g. in South America, Cambodia etc) showed that nothing is impossible to agree on, even in rural areas w/o proper local language skills. China might be different though.

We would be happy if someone from MCM community decides to join us to make the trip more efficient, safe and balanced in terms of communication, mutual support etc.

Should you have any suggestions (could be totally different) regarding the destination, route, logistics, warnings, advices - all ideas welcome! (N.B. - Except from "you better stay home":))

Cool, you guys are going to Qinghai.. I MAY be up for part of this trip. Will PM you. I do think ten days is a bit short for a round trip though.

6. #6 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Have you thought of going by the Cliff road in Henan Guoliang cliff corridor in Guoliang village, Huixian county..?

7. #7 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by moilami View Post
    You better stay at home

Take Metalmonkey with you, and keep the pace slow enough for his enduro :) Better yet, chose some dirt roads too and have him waiting for you :)

Make it Epic!
    Not sure what this means, I am slow as...

8. #8 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalmonkey View Post
    Have you thought of going by the Cliff road in Henan Guoliang cliff corridor in Guoliang village, Huixian county..?
    Need to look at the map - not yet familiar with the road names:)

9. #9 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Need to look at the map - not yet familiar with the road names:)
    It's a cliff face road in Henan province...image.jpgimage.jpg

10. #10 Re: Beijing - Qinghai - Beijing (Sep 2017) 
    C-Moto Guru
    Hi, a_steel, nice to e-meet you!

I understand there is ca. 1700 km from BJ to Xining so with no hurry it should take 2 days for us to arrive and we can take it from there!
    Alternatively, I am thinking to take a bit to south first and stop by Xi'an for a day or two. But anyway, I'll sort it out.

Will be in touch soon!
    How long again do you plan to make this trip in (beijing-qinghai)? .. Was two days a typo? :)

There's been mention of speed on here what are you two riding? (Sorry if I missed this and you've already said)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast