Hi guys,

I am planning a 1 week (max 10 days) trip from Beijing to Qinghai and back in the second half of Sep 2017.
At the moment it is at the wishful thinking stage, however I would need to nail down key points sometime relatively soon to start working on logistics.

Current crew is 2 ppl on one tourist motorcycle (CF Moto TR-G), we generally do not do camping so would need to find accommodation spots to take naps at nights.
Also, we generally prefer to use different routes for the way TO any destination and BACK from it and try not to see same roads two times.

Current plan is to decide on major items by end-July, prepare for the trip with no rush within 4-5 weeks afterwards and to be generally ready by 1st decade of September.

My Chinese is pretty limited (HSK 2 at max), however some experience from travels in other parts of the world (e.g. in South America, Cambodia etc) showed that nothing is impossible to agree on, even in rural areas w/o proper local language skills. China might be different though.

We would be happy if someone from MCM community decides to join us to make the trip more efficient, safe and balanced in terms of communication, mutual support etc.

Should you have any suggestions (could be totally different) regarding the destination, route, logistics, warnings, advices - all ideas welcome! (N.B. - Except from "you better stay home":))