Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New Honda CBF 190X 
    Honda unveiled a new small-capacity adventure bike at the China International Motorcycle Trade Exhibition in Chongqing (2016}
    Called the CBF 190X. (Fight Hawk)

Re-named the TOURISM

It now looks like the bike is ready to be sold by Dealer in China.
    The price I will post when I have details.

But from the picture, it looks like it comes with side boxes and crash bars.
    Depending on the price it could be a very good starter bike for China.

"LAST week we said that Honda was planning a new Chinese-made, downsized adventure bike based on the CB190R. Now it’s launched exactly that during the 25th anniversary celebrations of its Wuyang-Honda joint venture.

The bike, dubbed CB190X and bearing the terrible name ‘Tourism’ on the tank, is exactly what last week’s patent filings led us to believe. It’s based on sporty-looking Chinese market CB190R, which means it gets the same 184cc air-cooled, fuel-injected single and tubular steel frame. But it’s wrapped in predictable adventure bike styling – beak, high screen, aluminium grab rails, crash bars – and given longer-travel suspension.

According to Chinese site NewMotor, which took these pictures at the bike’s unveiling, the power is the same as the CB190R, with 15.8hp at 8000rpm.

Oddly, Honda already makes another adventure-style bike around the same engine and chassis, the CBF190X Fight Hawk, also sold in China. It, however, keeps the sportier USD forks of the CB190R as well as that bike’s underbelly exhaust, so probably has a little less off-road ability than the new CB190X.

As we said last week, there’s little chance that this bike will ever be sold in western markets, but it would be easy to imagine how a sleeved-down, learner-legal 125cc version could prove popular."

Source link...http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...-bike-revealed

cbf.jpg

cbf1.jpg

cbf2.jpg

cbf3.jpg

cbf4.jpg
    Last edited by prince666; 08-08-2017 at 11:22 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #2 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    More pictures

cbf5.jpg

cbf6.jpg

cbf7.jpg

Looks like Shad Box on the rear, same type as the ones fitted to the CFMOTO 650MT
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    A Chinese friend of mine who has a very large dealership here in China has just confirmed a few points.

1. Cost 15,800 RMB IMO spot on with the price.
    2. No ABS so won't be sold to the EU.
    3. EFI & Center stand.
    4. Sold with Top & side boxes
    5. Arrives in the showrooms September.
    Last edited by prince666; 08-09-2017 at 08:35 AM.

4. #4 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    Those 15.800 yuan or bit more than 2.000 euros are factory or retail price in China?

Here, cheapest "Honda", CB 125 F (which is, in my opinion, not much more than a decent Chinese commuter bike; yes, I know this CB is Chinese made), cost a bit less than 2.700 euros.

If "Honda" can manage to offer this bike in Europe for comparable price, they doesn't have to worry about the ABS - they can even declare brakes as optional equipment.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #5 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    Retail price Zorge.

6. #6 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    Weight?

16 HP is not going to be much fun when you overload the luggage and try to tour with it.

7. #7 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Weight?

16 HP is not going to be much fun when you overload the luggage and try to tour with it.
    Done it on my YBR 125cc with only 11 hp, yes not much fun but can be done at a slow pace lol.
    Need to travel light is the clue.

145 kg I think

8. #8 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    I remember that in late 80's I wrote in some local paper that one Italian guy take a trip on his old "Garelli" moped from Italy to... I think, Nordcap. In every case, he took a looong ride with a joke, not with a proper bike.

And he was not only one. Even today on our local moto forum I can see pretty every summer that someone make trip to Greece on a 50cc scooter. It's not a big deal - you need to have some patience and soon you'll have something to brag about.

So, just a few ponies in your bike's engine are not unbearable limitation.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

9. #9 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    That bike looks awesome, they hava managed to put hell lot of flashy pop on the bike. Begat to think about what if scenario where that bike would had been in my teenager years, which was dominated by Honda 125 NSR, about 29 HP stock, if I recall correctly. Probs people would had lolled at this new Honda, saying it is papa bike with those hard bags and 15 HP. I myself would had taken Yamaha 125 DT anytime before that Honda.

So, hilariously enough, these modern light bikes suck cock of bikes of yesterday. When you are young, you want to enjoy of acceleration and speed. You want and need that 30 HP of your 125 cm³ on tarmac, a bit less will do on gravel. And what they do sell to youths? In Europe max 15 HP because of freaking laws.

Interestingly enough 15 HP is something a sucky four stroke 125 cm³ can produce. I wonder if that max 15 HP law never came, what kind of bikes would be in markets?

Argh, very pissed at the moment, not enjoying coming back to home from mini trip. Zero tolerance to pussy laws.

Edit: Had to insert pic on the name of GOOD OLD DAYS

Honda 125 NSR, 29 HP stock, Two Stroke Powah

10. #10 Re: New Honda CBF 190X 
    I would like to sing this to Honda man. It goes

"Chunfeng man, Benneli man,
    Everybody gone bad
    Situation, aggravation
    Everybody irritation
    In the club, on the road
    Everybody chasing each other
    Drinking, Dining
    Everybody's gone mad