Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qingqi

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Qingqi 
    SSR Motorsports is advertising some Pioneer Motorcycles (Qingqi Group) the motorcycles include both a 200cc and 250cc version. They are advertised as (Coming Soon).

SSR250 by mjhirz, on Flickr

The models are also advertised on this merchant site for $1,999.00 and $1,899.00 respectively, you can only currently ascertain the price through the sites shopping cart, the prices above currently include freight. Prior to Easter weekend they had the prices displayed and also as an introductory price.

The EPA certificates for the 250cc is held by Daifer and the 200cc is held by Qlink. SSR only holds one EPA certificate in agency with Value Group Enterprises. That certificate is unrelated to these as it is for a 50cc scooter manufactured by Bashan.

Pioneer and Jinan Qingqi are the same manufacturer, they operate out of different factories though, they share a common WMI , which is LAE .

The only real noticeable differences in these which seem to be Pioneer models and models coming out of the Jinan factory is that of painted body parts, the Pioneer models also have a different side body part then the Jinan made models the Jinan made seem to all have colorized plastic.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-09-2017 at 01:35 AM.

2. #2 Re: Qingqi 
    My Jinan Qingqi has painted plastic with the slightly different side panels. I would like to try side panels shown above as the ones on my bike cut into your legs if you try to stand. I wonder what 17" knobby tires are on the black bike? AFAIK, 17" front knobbies are almost nonexistent... I'm guessing that's a rear tire being run on the front.

Those disk brakes are not good, they should change to the newer, floating discs, as the old ones shown overheat very easily.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

3. #3 Re: Qingqi 
    Did you check the VIN on it G in the eleventh character is Pioneer A or B for Jinan.

Side panel parts:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7220824042

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4450676878

They may not look good though if the rest of the bike is painted a different color. The triangle flat black and the other part the color of the bike would though.

4. #4 Re: Qingqi 
    I really hope that they do not raise the price of those with the bad economy and all the people loosing their jobs. Many seriously cannot afford more than $2,000.00 even though the bikes are really good bikes and we all know they are….they have been reviewed and all that have them really enjoy them.

5. #5 Re: Qingqi 
    Last edited by MJH; 04-26-2016 at 10:27 AM.

6. #6 Re: Qingqi 
    oversize tyres may look cool but that thing is going to steer like an airport trolley

7. #7 Re: Qingqi 
    I did not get stuck on the tires……the TW200 has had oversized tires for 20 years?
    Last edited by MJH; 07-09-2017 at 01:39 AM.

8. #8 Re: Qingqi 
    I am not too fond of the 200's tires, but as has been the case with alot of Chinese bikes, we get photos of the prototypes, i.e. TMEC DSC06810.jpgDSC06812.jpg

As intrigiuing as the bikes 17" knobbies are, these were never available as far as I can tell

9. #9 Re: Qingqi 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    oversize tyres may look cool but that thing is going to steer like an airport trolley
    I do hope they offer the same wheels they show on the 250 for the 200, or perhaps that will be the selling point (assuming these are the actual tires) of buying the 200 vs the 250; maybe even competition for the Yamaha TW200. I am still on a one-man campaign to get Skyteam USA to certify and import the Van Van replica with their 230cc engine.

10. #10 Re: Qingqi 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    I really hope that they do not raise the price of those with the bad economy and all the people loosing their jobs. Many seriously cannot afford more than $2,000.00 even though the bikes are really good bikes and we all know they are….they have been reviewed and all that have them really enjoy them.
    The Qlinks sell for $2400 via JP Motorsports (and others, too), so SSR, not being a recognized brand, would have a tough go at selling theirs for $2000, let alone higher. However, JP has some 250 Quigqi enduros at $3000. I spoke with the sales manager at JP a few weeks ago, and the story behind those was that they imported a handful of them from China to gauge the public's response. At $3000, in a tight California economy, they still have a couple left, which doesn't surprise me. Qlink XF's have a decent reputation in the US, with the majority of the same public who don't or didn't know the Chinese OEM behind them buying them and recommending them to friends, so the fact that the same OEM selling a larger engined bike would be ignored does not surprise me. I still wonder why Qlink never bothered to bring the 250; I understand a few years ago there was a glut of leftover 200's which were heavily discounted, but now they have started importing them again should have seriously considered the 250 which, as JP as shown, are EPA/and even CARB, certified!

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast