Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Watch out...its the cops! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yup, I'm a cop. Looking to get back into dirt biking after a 20 year break! I dont get a lot of time off at my department due to staffing issues, so I really want to get something I can tool around on during my very few days off to relieve some stress.

I have always been a Honda XR guy, but for the price of some of these bikes brand new I cant justify spending money uselessly. I am going to have to save up for a bike with my own money, so I dont use "household" money...or my wife would probably kill me!

Anyways, I'm starting my research now so I can plan out a budget. I love the site and all the advice I have received so far. Those of you from chinariders will probably notice this is the same profile. Why mess with perfection?!

Really looking hard at the Bashan Enforcer (type 41). Easy to register for on-road, and seems like a good trail bike.

2. #2 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    Welcome to here, as well! This site was started by an American guy ('Crazy Carl' Parker) who was living and teaching at a university in Chengdu. Many ex-pats from Europe and N. America became members. Carl is now the Editor-in-chief of Advmoto Magazine (see ads above), and this site mostly features non-US based members. It is a great site, but most members have no idea of the Chinese bikes we have available in the US as far as advice goes. A few of us from Chinariders keep in touch here, and ironically, the longest thread is from member Barnone (he is a member on Chinariders) who started a thread about his Dongfang bobber way back in 2010 (or 2012?--it's been years now!). But as far as getting specific advice on brands--most members here don't know our bikes.

3. #3 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    C-Moto Noob
    I actually sent Carl a message through ADVmotos website... That magazine is published 5 miles from my house in VA!

4. #4 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    He is a great guy. He is not into Chinese bikes like he was when he lived there. He made a film touring China on a 150cc enduro when he first got there. Later on, he got in good with the Qingqi company, and they loaned him an enduro that he got to keep for over a year to evaluate. It was pretty much the SSR XF250, but with slight variations.

5. #5 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
    I really want to get something I can tool around on
    Not sure if by that you mean that you just want to ride some trails, not do jumps and serious off-road. If I'm guessing correctly, then you should take a look at CSC's TT250. Imported to the USA and 50 state legal. I've had one for about a year and it is a decent bike at a great price.

http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/CSC-TT...tt250-2018.htm

Cheers,

Dan K.
    Dan Kearney - Black Hawk, Colorado, USA
    Zongshen RX-3 - Zongshen TT250 - Ural GearUp Hack - Honda CT110
    Ural M70 Retro Solo - BMW R100R - Royal Enfield Bullet 500
    http://dansmotorcycleblog.blogspot.com/

6. #6 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    We have been discussing bikes on Chinariders, but all of us failed to mention the TT250. It is near identical to the Hawk and Bashan Enforcer, and is 50 state legal. Good suggestion, Dan!

7. #7 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
    Yup, I'm a cop.

Welcome on MCM.

If you would allow me to join this discussion...

If I am not mistaken, there is one... well, there are two "reasonably priced" bikes you can buy in US, which would do the job as good as those aforementioned "Bashan" and TT 250. First is, like those two, also soft enduro, and it is imported by a Dallas company "Ricky Power Sports" and named "Hawk" 250. Second is, IMO, much more interesting. They (again "Ricky Power Sports") named him "Magician" and his design is a bit... unusual - "borrowed" from "Yamaha Tricker". They both cost ~1.4k bucks shipped.

Edit.

Culcune mentioned "Hawk" before I did - sorry.

Not to forget... "Border411", tell us the truth about this "Bashan"... is subconscious reason that you are looking to buy a bike named "Enforcer"?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #8 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    Welcome to the forum :)

9. #9 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    Buy yourself the new Honda CRF Rally 250 and have a bike that will last and stand the pace .
    Cost more but in the end you will not regret it.
    All Chinese bikes let them be for the home market or for export IMO are problematic .
    In the end it will be your choice and YOU will have to live with it.
    Good luck and keep us all updated here on MCM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #10 Re: Watch out...its the cops! 
    I agree with Prince666, even though I am a crap bike appreciator. Stay far away of china bikes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast