Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    In 1 year I got 36 points driving my car.
    And still have a Chinese DL.
    How .
    Ok let say you passed your test on the 1st January, now the points only get applied to your DL when you pay the fine.
    So let's say I pay on the 31st December and take 10 points.
    On the 1st January the point are cleared so you are back to zero.
    So on the 2nd January I take 10 more point also you can use your wife, girlfriend, or a friend.
    Now I did hear this has been stopped.
    Well it not stopped in Shandong province wife and me took some points each the other week for the same car in her name.
    In SH it could be not so easy.

To make sure you plate never comes off again.
    Use the blots that come with the plate, which normaly are long, then put a nut on the back and then bur over the thread on the back.
    Will never come of and will stop the sicky finger guys from nicking your plate.
    You can use some dould sided tap as well .
    It depend how far you want to go.
    Interesting, but doesn't one have two weeks in which to pay the fine? Not 364 days..

2. #12 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    C-Moto Guru

3. #13 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    Sorry to hear your Shanghai Blues. I've always thought of Shanghai as motorcycle purgatory. Even if you can afford the outrageous and coveted legal Shanghai motorcycle plate, there's no good riding without burning through several hours of pavement. I've never been able to understand why people choose to live in that city when they have so many better choices. I know most people end up going there for work, but I just never could understand the attraction of the area.

4. #14 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    C-Moto Guru

5. #15 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Sorry to hear your Shanghai Blues. I've always thought of Shanghai as motorcycle purgatory. Even if you can afford the outrageous and coveted legal Shanghai motorcycle plate, there's no good riding without burning through several hours of pavement. I've never been able to understand why people choose to live in that city when they have so many better choices. I know most people end up going there for work, but I just never could understand the attraction of the area.
    Yeah, I used to live in a small town in Hunan. Said to myself I'd never live in Shanghai cos it's just so hmmm.. Comfortable.. Not representative of China. But I moved here for a job. Have considered relocating to chongqing for biking.. Or even yunnan or guilin...there is even a bike related gig in guilin (tour guiding on cj750s) available. We'll see. I think that up by shuben in Beijing, there is also excellent riding to be had. Any riders in 东北 can comment on the situation up there? (I guess the winters preclude riding for large portions of the year)

6. #16 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalmonkey View Post
    Yeah, I used to live in a small town in Hunan. Said to myself I'd never live in Shanghai cos it's just so hmmm.. Comfortable.. Not representative of China. But I moved here for a job. Have considered relocating to chongqing for biking.. Or even yunnan or guilin...there is even a bike related gig in guilin (tour guiding on cj750s) available. We'll see. I think that up by shuben in Beijing, there is also excellent riding to be had. Any riders in 东北 can comment on the situation up there? (I guess the winters preclude riding for large portions of the year)
    If you're working for sideways in Shanghai, you should switch to Guilin. Felix did that and then bought my V-Strom. There's a lot of great riding near Guilin and the riding season is 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Very correct, ChinaV!
    Thats why, as a motorcycle enthusiast, I never accepted a job in SH. I'd even prefer a 2nd tier city over it.
    With this hobby there is no enjoyment for spare time at that location.

So, Metalmonkey should find a job e.g. in Chengdu or Wuhan, Beijing or Shenyang. All better than SH

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #18 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    C-Moto Regular
    I don't know, I don't think its that bad... Pudong riding is pretty sweet. ... now I think about it, maybe a lot of it was not entirely legal, but nice none the less.

9. #19 Re: Moganshan, Zhejiang 
    C-Moto Guru
    Update, got my replacement plate- took 41 days from date of loss. Except I went to ride the bike- no blue book, after a frantic late night, then the next day, it transpired the agent had forgotten to send it. Now in the post. Crikey after all this, the X2 is gonna have to take me on some mad adventures to make up for the hurdles. Winter coming so plans may be put off until next year. Sooooo jealous of the Qinghai ride report elsewhere here. Guess the time is never perfectly right. Just have to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12