Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello,

I am looking for an E bike with a frame type street/ktm that can goes at 90-100 + klm

i tried to find something on taobao but without luck. their bikes are all limited at 50 km/h
    my budget is 3000$ im in sichuan chengdu, i would rather buy from a website.
    also looking for one wit a programmable controller so i can develop my own app to fine tune it.

any pointer ? i know evoke bikes but they are a bit pricey for me yet.

2. #2 Re: Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    just checking if you know. Chengdu is banning ebikes that exceed 25-30kph (red plates). Starting next January you are going to be illegal. If you have 3k usd, jesus, stop thinjing about those electric toys and get yourself a real bike. 2k usd take you to a new CFMoto NK150. It will rape any ebike night and day and be legal...

3. #3 Re: Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by waswaswas84 View Post
    just checking if you know. Chengdu is banning ebikes that exceed 25-30kph (red plates). Starting next January you are going to be illegal. If you have 3k usd, jesus, stop thinjing about those electric toys and get yourself a real bike. 2k usd take you to a new CFMoto NK150. It will rape any ebike night and day and be legal...
    i dont think this law will be effective like they tried to push it in beijing. it was too inconvenient and canceled since, for your information the actual regulation state ebike should no goes over 30 km/h while 99% of ebikes goes over 45 km/h. so it would be like declaring rice illegal in china !
    then for performance comparison you just cannot compare the torque of electric bikes with gas bikes, they are not toys they are based on gas bikes frame.
    Last edited by damien; 08-20-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by damien View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for an E bike with a frame type street/ktm that can goes at 90-100 + klm

i tried to find something on taobao but without luck. their bikes are all limited at 50 km/h
    my budget is 3000$ im in sichuan chengdu, i would rather buy from a website.
    also looking for one wit a programmable controller so i can develop my own app to fine tune it.

any pointer ? i know evoke bikes but they are a bit pricey for me yet.
    Forget it - illegal already etc etc
    Motorcycles have a massive restriction in Chengdu too
    Beware of most Chengdu riders as they have little legal or mechanical knowledge in them parts too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. #5 Re: Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    You can buy an Evoke Urban S, you will be looking at more than $3000 but much higher spec than you quoted. Their website is evokemotorcycles.com
    Winging it since 1991

6. #6 Re: Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Is Chengdu still banning ebikes until now? I am planning to buy a new ebike and travel to Chengdu.

7. #7 Re: Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob bigheadsnake's Avatar
    As far as I know, the only two "totally legal" ebike models in China are BMW C EVO and lifan Le E. Why they are legal is because they need a plate and license of motorcylces.

The BMW C Evo is about 99800 RMB and required a yellow plate.
    The Lifan bike is about 7000 RMB and required a blue plate, lifan said that it can get the speed over 50kmh and run over 120 km, if you want this just contact the local lifan dealer, lifan is a Chongqing manufacter so it must be popular in Chengdu.

But the above 2 cannot match your requirement, If you just want a ebike without a legal plate, you can just buy a normal one and change the computer and battery, or simply buy a modified second hand ebike, there's lots of people interested on moding ebikes in China.
    Jialing 600 and CJ 650 Sidecar Owner.

8. #8 Re: Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigheadsnake View Post
    As far as I know, the only two "totally legal" ebike models in China are BMW C EVO and lifan Le E. Why they are legal is because they need a plate and license of motorcylces.

The BMW C Evo is about 99800 RMB and required a yellow plate.
    The Lifan bike is about 7000 RMB and required a blue plate, lifan said that it can get the speed over 50kmh and run over 120 km, if you want this just contact the local lifan dealer, lifan is a Chongqing manufacter so it must be popular in Chengdu.

But the above 2 cannot match your requirement, If you just want a ebike without a legal plate, you can just buy a normal one and change the computer and battery, or simply buy a modified second hand ebike, there's lots of people interested on moding ebikes in China.
    You can buy any E-bike that was built on an actual motorcycle frame with the road quality certificate from the factory. Then just take it down and have it registered. At least here in Changchun. However it does require you take them down to the DMV and have them inspected, plated and insured.
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

9. #9 Re: Where to buy An Ebike from China ? 
    C-Moto Noob
    evoke urban S you can check this website : evokemotorcycles.com