Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Yes please, although you'll need to know how to swim!

2. #12 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkew View Post
    Yes please, although you'll need to know how to swim!
    I will ship it for you, want my NZ bank details so you can pay me plz!?

3. #13 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    hello nice to meet you :D

4. #14 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinsonphilip View Post
    hello nice to meet you :D
    Thank you, it’s good to meet you too. What bike do you ride?

My American geography is a bit shaky but where are you based?

5. #15 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    hello nice to meet you :D it is look pretty good
    A moment of choice is a moment of truth.

6. #16 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    Update

Well it's over a year since I posted about my new bike and yes, things have fallen off! most recently the mirrors have become detached and are a bit floaty.
    I've also replaced the lower rear suspension bearings, 2 tyres, a chain and a week ao so ago the whole rear tailight. It has also needed a replacement rear master cylinder because the original one rusted solid and for good measure it now has Honda rear brake pads which along with the actually working master cylinder have improved the rear brakes appreciably.
    The ignition lock succumbed to the elements and needed to be stripped and rebuilt, correcting a number of funny niggles when the bike was cold. It would just cut out randomly and then refuse to start etc.
    I've changed the oil, it now has Motul and is actually due for another oil change soon (what are the intervals supposed to be?)
    I still haven't laid a spanner on the engine. With the properly working ignition switch the bike is now 100% reliable starting and running perfectly always. I'm getting less worried by the revs each time I ride it, spending a couple of hours on Saturday with the rev counter reading well above 7000 without any issues at all. The temperature gauge moved up and down a bar every now and then but that was it.
    I was seriously considering upgrading but can't bring myself to do it. I've made two appointments to ride potential bikes and cancelled both.
    The weather is finally behaving here and we're consistently over 20 C so I think it'IMG_4337.jpgs time to go camping. We'll see how we fare fully loaded over a couple of weekends and then decide. My suspicion is that I'll still be riding the same bike in another year's time.

7. #17 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Well the ride is still going strong - albeit from a little bit of an upgrade here and there.
    Great to hear and read that things have improved.

Your experiences are reflective of so many of the issues with many made in China products - the manufacturers shave off costs by using cheaper inferior products or materials on all the little items, so that the collective sum saved (profit) is greater than the sum of the parts - which is pretty counterproductive IMO. Short term speculating vs longer term success. If the manufacturers or assemblers actually were prepared to spend a little more on the small little items that seem to fail (that at first seem to be insignificant) resulting in improving the overall product functionality and longevity - companies would garner a more supportive and perhaps increasing positive reputation.
    Some manufacturers and assemblers have realised this and their business models are or have changed.
    By simply replacing a few of the less reliable parts you've now got a bike that seems more dependable and you're more happy to ride and stay with.

Next time I'm over home in NZ, with family in Hawkes Bay, I'll drop you a message and see if we can't meet up at some point - even go for a ride or ten.
    Shiny side up...

8. #18 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    Next time I'm over home in NZ, with family in Hawkes Bay, I'll drop you a message and see if we can't meet up at some point - even go for a ride or ten.
    Shiny side up...

That would be great, let me know when you're in town.
    I absolutely agree about the cheap ancillaries. I think that's what was wrong with Fiat for many years. The engines and gearboxes were really great (Ok perhaps not the gearboxes) but the lights were pathetic ditto the washers and wipers and hooter etc, etc.
    More recently the overall quality has improved and suddenly so has their rating with consumers.
    What's that old saying? "Watch the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves"
    Last edited by Dannybiker; 12-01-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: errors

9. #19 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkew View Post
    Greetings

I am the happy owner of the only Zongshen RX3 in New Zealand. I bought it from the original importer in February this year and have covered nearly 3000km since.

I took quite a long time (for me) to make up my mind whether or not to buy my Zongie but haven't regretted the decision. The bike is solidly built, reasonably powerful and very well equipped.

A couple of weeks ago i went on my first rally, The cold Kiwi. It is early spring here and the temperatures hovered around freezing for most of the weekend, very cold for camping in a tent!

The campsite was extremely muddy and wet but I had a great time anyway.

Attachment 19737Attachment 19738

I plan to do quite a bit of touring and camping over the summer and will try to remember to take photos so I can share this amazing country with everyone.

Happy riding
    I have a 250cc 2017 Empire brand and I plan to start a trip through the rest of my country ...

10. #20 Re: Greetings from New Zealand 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteo2 View Post
    I have a 250cc 2017 Empire brand and I plan to start a trip through the rest of my country ...

Great and welcome to MCM.
    Look forward to your input, review and road reports (RR) about your experiences with you bike and you part of the world

Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast