Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 How do you say "motard/supermoto/supermotard" in Chinese? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm interested in buying a motard, so I'm trying to find out how to say "motard/supermoto/supermotard" in Chinese so I can use the word when I talk to the dealers.

Just to be clear, what I mean by "motard" is a bike that has 17 inch tires (both front and rear), and a seat that is lower than most dual-sport bikes. I'd like a lower seat because I'm short.

Thanks!

Dan

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
    Just to be clear, what I mean by "motard" is a bike that has 17 inch tires (both front and rear), and a seat that is lower than most dual-sport bikes. I'd like a lower seat because I'm short.
    They're only a cross or enduro-type machine with, as you say, 17" wheels fitted with normal grippy road rubber. This gives you the low weight and agility of a cross machine with the handling and roadholding qualities of a normal bike.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by Dan H. View Post
    I'm interested in buying a motard, so I'm trying to find out how to say "motard/supermoto/supermotard" in Chinese so I can use the word when I talk to the dealers.

Thanks!

Dan

"滑胎车"

You could always try what I do, print a picture of what I'm looking for a take the picture with me to the store when I purchase.. be prepared to price haggling..
    244cc JMStar Roadster Scooter, 8400 mi. since 03/26/08

Probably something like: Gonglu shan di mo tuo che. Meaning road going mountain motorcycle, could be wrong though!

I'll ask someone at the local mechanics, it could be as simple as 'mou te de'
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Probably something like: Gonglu shan di mo tuo che. Meaning road going mountain motorcycle, could be wrong though!

I'll ask someone at the local mechanics, it could be as simple as 'mou te de'
    forget that, humanbeing up there is right!

滑胎车 huá tāi chē