Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Hello,

I am thinking of selling my Yamaha XTZ 125.

The bike is about 2 and a half years old, fitted with a 200CC engine conversion and Mikuni TM24 carb, uprated exhaust I bought from Brasil, YZ125 from forks and wheel, loads of small mods. I need to make way in my shed for an SWM RS300R.

The bike is fully legal with Huizhou, Guangdong plates. Any takers ? Any reasonable offers ?

Symon
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

Banned
    The bike banned city?! How you gunna change names or keep papers up to date on that!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. #3 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Hello NZbrakelathes.

I wasn't aware that bike were banned from Huizhou. I spoke to my wife about this and she told me one of he friends bought a Honda last week and it has already been registered.

Maybe you know something more about this, please explain.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Banned
    Ask SerientZa or C-Milk from Churchill customs, my mate has a bike from them and had some issues to get it audit and insurance done by these guys. I was questioning more and making a comment based on some maybe little info as I'm wayyyy out up in Chengdu but it's worth checking on the legal process assuming people want it legally in their name etc. if not just ignore my post

5. #5 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    NZbrakelathes

I passed the technical inspection for my Yamaha a month ago, and got new insurance about 2 weeks ago. I have not had any problems at all.

Maybe motorbikes have been banned in Huizhou city centre, I'll check up on that. Where I live life continues as normal.

Just thinking about it, if something had changed my Chinese riding mates would have told me.

Banned
    Ok sure, it's just worth noting etc as changing names can or might be an issue. With modification it might also have some issue as in theory the bike must or should be very stock looking and technical parameters the same as in the green book. Some funny rules here as mods seem to be ok at audit or technical inspection yet not at ownership change, and I've hear if a local rider being ticketed for lights being added to his bike (small spots very minor mod but it was demented illegally modified) TIC and nothing is clear till you go thru the process only then will you know at that time with that person what's right or wrong. And it can change the next day with another person

Banned
    I personally always suggest bikes in own name and check on the requirements to do so and changing cities has become a load of issues in the last year or so in my experience.

8. #8 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    There are only 2 things on my bike that are different form the photo of the registration documents :- hand guards and lower fork protectors. Both can be removed in 5 minutes. I did this when the bike recently got tested. No problem at all. I thought I might have a problem with the knobbly tyres but they did not mention anything at all.

The bike is registered in my sister in law's name as for some reason the local Yamaha dealer couldn't register in a foreigner's name in Huizhou, at the time I asked about this in other cities in Guangdong and I got the same reply.

Now that we have cleared up some of the legalities about my bike, anybody interested ? I would prefer to sell as the other option is to give to my father in law to use.

9. #9 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    I personally always suggest bikes in own name

Makes life alot easy when you come to sell the bike, insurance, Inspection .
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

10. #10 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Prince666

I would if I could but when I bought this Yamaha in Guangdong it was impossible to register in a foreigner's name. I wanted to register in my wife's name but couldn't do that as well as she already had a bike registered in her name. So next best option was to use one of my Chinese family as the owner of the bike, so I used my sister in law's name. All quite ridiculous.

Same happened with my Motorbike driving license, I couldn't do the test in Guangdong so I went to Haikou to do it instead.

Why China makes it so difficult to be legal I can never understand, it just wastes time, money and does not reduce the number of illegal riders on the roads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast