Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    I truly understand your frustration in this matter.
    If I may just point out 1 thing, when there normaly say "No" it means I am to lazy to find out how to do it so the answer is NO.
    IF all your documents line up? Then you CAN have the bike plated in your name.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

2. #12 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Prince666

I think it is a problem in Guangdong province.

One of my brother in laws is an ex policeman, he has lots of contacts back in his home town. He tried really hard for me to get my bike registered in my own mame and for me to do the test, it was imposible. If the bike is in my sister in law's name it is ok for me and can easily be transfered and for my driving license it just ended up costing me a small fortune to get.

One thing I have always tried to do is to be legal but in China it is very difficult and time consuming. I suppose the Chinese government doesn't want su to be here.
    Previous bikes . yamaha DT 50, DT 125, DT 250, DT 400, XT 500. Ossa 350 Trial, Ossa Mike Andrews replica. And now a Yamaha XTZ125 here in China.

Biking is like sex :- you don't have to be good at it to enjoy

3. #13 Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Banned
    I've offered and local whites don't like - driver license help locally legally and with the ok for 5 people starting from scratch or converting license from back home
    Here the local white folk are very ... self entitled or feel they are above things or should have their egos stroked and I'm not the guy who bullshits with flowery words but I am the guy that gets the job done legally. I make little to no excuses for bullshit nor do I take any from anyone including police etc, know the law and they will go thru with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Symon260z View Post
    Prince666

I think it is a problem in Guangdong province.

One of my brother in laws is an ex policeman, he has lots of contacts back in his home town. He tried really hard for me to get my bike registered in my own mame and for me to do the test, it was imposible. If the bike is in my sister in law's name it is ok for me and can easily be transfered and for my driving license it just ended up costing me a small fortune to get.

One thing I have always tried to do is to be legal but in China it is very difficult and time consuming. I suppose the Chinese government doesn't want su to be here.
    Do you have the form from the police that shows where you live, with your Chinese name on it? A valid passport and visa? A tax invoice for second hand bike sale from the owner to your name address in Chinese, then the DMV has no legal right to refuse you unless they don't register bikes anymore - that's the law and the basic principles are the same in all China legally
    Tax amount changes city by city but the general law is the same in this regard, they need your identity and address etc not even a license.
    Your audit and insurance must be up to date too etc and no messed up chassis number or engine number etc those details in the green book must be perfect pretty much and bike should look like factory pretty much as well

5. #15 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Spot on NZB

As I said EVERYTHING MUST BE INLINE.
    I post this again not for Symon, he has made his point.
    But for other readers who may wish to puchessed a bike in the future.

From my passed exprenace with 5 bikes and 1 car in my name the hard part was paying the "TAX" but after 2 days aurguring with the Tax office that a none Chinese person can have a Chinese Tax code.

But remember if you get this far and do pay the Tax under your name.

Ask for the Tax code for furture payments, will save you a lot off time with further payments.

And I am sure the same Tax code can be used in other Provinces.
    But even if it can't you have a good starting point when there say NO?

For you Symon who staterd this thread just to sell your bike .
    If may be very important for a buyer who would only buy your bike if it can be in his name?

sister in law's name
    It's great and easy to have the bike in a friends name? But at some point let it be because you have been involde in an accident or just stop by the police, then the named owner has to be present.

That's fine if it's only 10km away but if you are on a ride and 2000 km away.
    Not only you but the owner will off wished it wasn't in there name.
    You also could have a situation we're the owner won't come.
    In that case you loses your bike.
    Ok when it's some shit 5000 rmb bike but a 70.000 rmb SWM.
    Last edited by prince666; 09-27-2017 at 08:33 AM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #16 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Banned
    Tax code? I haven't struck that in Chengdu - they require the persons name and address Chinese name as in yours like on license seems better and sellers name etc.
    Chengdu 10 or so minutes waiting job done, bikes seem to be 200 yuan here but that is here and differs in cities

7. #17 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Hi NZB
    Maybe we are not talking about the same thing.
    I am talking about TAX which is payable on a NEW bike .
    Normally is about 7% of the puchessed price and you get a little blue book?

Banned
    Yes I got that no issue as well as on a used bike the tax invoice, I had to go to the bigger office where foreigners could do it not my local area

9. #19 Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 
    Banned
    I registered a new bike, well not yet with a plate but bike was used so falls in the same as new bike, I had to get a shop sales invoice official etc then blue tax book looking form then insurance then DMV
    A CQR in fact - as a learning curve

10. #20 Re: Yamaha XTZ125 for sale 

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast