Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've narrowed my choices down to the Zongshen motard (ZS200GY-2) or the Qingqi motard (QM200GY-BA).

I called both dealers here in Wuhan, and the quote for the Zongshen was "8 or 9 thousand (rmb)", and the quote for the Qingqi was "13800 (rmb)". This is before baragaining. These are new bikes. (To get a plate, generally you add 10% more.)

What's a reasonable price to pay for each bike (before adding a plate)?

Thanks,
    Dan

The Qingqi motard is rediculously expensive (like 4-5k RMB over the enduro version) for some reason. 13,8 sounds about right although you should be ale to get them down. The Enduro versions run 7-9k with different fitting and levels of trim and suspension. For the money, the enduros are a much better deal.

Not sure about the ZS but 8 or 9 K sounds about right.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #3 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    Done 2000 km only
    Why Qingqi motard more expensive - for objective reasons like quality or some what else?
    Is there any chance to know actual price of Liger(QM250GY-B(A))?
    Just sold my bike and interesting to buy new one. Searching for dealer, trying to contact with the producer fails 8-( (wrote couple a words to qingqimoto@qingqi.com.cn)

Thanks!

4. #4 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    The motard is more expensive because of the inverted forks, drive components and a few other pieces. I don't think the QM250GY will be available for registration in China during this riding season, price is still unknown.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #5 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    Done 2000 km only
    Thanks a lot for so fast reply!

I live in Uzbekistan and want to buy the motard to drive ot here. Is the price lower for export? can you suggest a way to buy motard for export?

Visited next thread with orange QM250 pics - you did them greate! Can't imagine BMW owner should buy chinese motard without that thread 8-)

(sorry my English - learned in school xD)

6. #6 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    C-Moto Senior
    It’s crazy how they price the bikes….the Qingqi in the US is the same price for both versions and both have inverted forks. So in china they ask about $2,000.00? Hmm? It seems wrong that the prices in china are not that different then in the states. In some cases they are nearly the same prices?
    What’s the price of the most common bikes? Is that bike considered a luxury? Its pretty obvious that the average wage earner is not going to be able to buy a $2,000.00 bike in china. It’s the same as an American with a $30k annual salary buying a $30k bike…if there was such a thing…on average its off the charts unrealistic.
    All things being equal which they obviously are not a person that earn 13,000 Yuan annually would be looking at bike for about 2,000 Yuan? That about $300.00 American and equates to a $30k earner in US dollars buying a $5,000.00 bike and would be normal.
    If you earn 81,000 Yuan a year then go buy a 13,000 Yuan bike.
    If they were to make a 500cc bike and then they could sell it for what and to who in china? The price would be around 5K? How many earn $200,000 Yuan a year?
    How does it work? The worker in the factory can they afford what they make? The words slaves is coming to mind and higher and bigger bikes could really piss off some people….a lot of people.
    They are getting rich some of them, selling to the west? Not on the bikes they are not but on the million of other things they are making they are. They actually will try to charge the same price as the Japanese and Europeans with fractional labor costs?
    I know that the labor costs are increasing and the wages are increasing….but something is wrong with the equation. What standard of living do these laborers have?
    Again what’s the price of the average bike… the biggest seller? What’s the most popular? Is it selling for about $2,000.00 Yuan?
    Then the 125cc and million of versions makes sense, in fact the 50cc makes sense and why we see them all over the internet selling for $500.00 because they are the or have the highest margins. The highest unit sales across all the markets.
    The only bikes they can sell in the US are really well made 250-275cc bikes that are under $3,000.00. The lower cc product are selling here as well and they are novelties. But they have really high margins.
    The bigger bikes are not cost effective they cannot justify the unit sales of the smaller products, even the 200cc and 250cc are fringe products. They are really pushing the fringe up in china and down in the US as its a shared market overlap..
    The higher level products in china the HD and the Honda 1200 are dangerously exercises in decadence and they need to be careful with that, its what caused the first revolution.

It’s crazy how they price the bikes….the Qingqi in the US is the same price for both versions and both have inverted forks. So in china they ask about $2,000.00? Hmm? It seems wrong that the prices in china are not that different then in the states. In some cases they are nearly the same prices?
    What’s the price of the most common bikes? Is that bike considered a luxury? Its pretty obvious that the average wage earner is not going to be able to buy a $2,000.00 bike in china. It’s the same as an American with a $30k annual salary buying a $30k bike…if there was such a thing…on average its off the charts unrealistic.
    All things being equal which they obviously are not a person that earn 13,000 Yuan annually would be looking at bike for about 2,000 Yuan? That about $300.00 American and equates to a $30k earner in US dollars buying a $5,000.00 bike and would be normal.
    If you earn 81,000 Yuan a year then go buy a 13,000 Yuan bike.
    If they were to make a 500cc bike and then they could sell it for what and to who in china? The price would be around 5K? How many earn $200,000 Yuan a year?
    How does it work? The worker in the factory can they afford what they make? The words slaves is coming to mind and higher and bigger bikes could really piss off some people….a lot of people.
    They are getting rich some of them, selling to the west? Not on the bikes they are not but on the million of other things they are making they are. They actually will try to charge the same price as the Japanese and Europeans with fractional labor costs?
    I know that the labor costs are increasing and the wages are increasing….but something is wrong with the equation. What standard of living do these laborers have?
    Again what’s the price of the average bike… the biggest seller? What’s the most popular? Is it selling for about $2,000.00 Yuan?
    Then the 125cc and million of versions makes sense, in fact the 50cc makes sense and why we see them all over the internet selling for $500.00 because they are the or have the highest margins. The highest unit sales across all the markets.
    The only bikes they can sell in the US are really well made 250-275cc bikes that are under $3,000.00. The lower cc product are selling here as well and they are novelties. But they have really high margins.
    The bigger bikes are not cost effective they cannot justify the unit sales of the smaller products, even the 200cc and 250cc are fringe products. They are really pushing the fringe up in china and down in the US as it a shared market overlap..
    The higher level products in china the HD and the Honda 1200 are dangerously exercises in decadence and they need to be careful with that, its what caused the first revolution.

Is it displacement and speed? Nope its actually social and economic, fear of unions and strikes.
    They cannot even raise the wages on the production the price advantage diminishes, they cannot pay those that make a 200cc bike enough to afford one. If they could get $4000.00 for them in the US they would, but then the would be the same as the Japanese and the Koreans, but without the actual quality. But the only way to get the quality is with compensation, they are using sticks not carrots aren’t they.
    Then when the goal is reached…then what the water is brown and the sky is grey?

nothing off topic.....

7. #7 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    Onegus, the 13,000 is a reasonable wage for a factory worker, they often would ride this:
    3000+ Yuan.

Few workers are pissed off because they can't afford a certain bike, remember Chinese on low wages are bolting together Audis, Toyotas etc
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

8. #8 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    Oengus,

The QingQi comes in many various forms. Some have inverted forks, some do not, some have 428 chain, some have 520. You can buy a QM200 for 8000 RMB and you can also buy a QM200 for 12,000 RMB, it all depends on which spec package is chosen. The prices are very close to USA prices because the factories receive additional tax breaks when the units are exported, they do not get a tax refund on raw material purchases for bikes sold domestically.

I won't go into the politics of poor vs rich, but I will say that what keeps things from falling apart is the governments extraordinary ability to make everyone believe they have a shot at a better life. There is a lot more wealth in China than most western people understand because many people have savings instead of massive debts caused by sketchy bank loans.

BTW, the average person living in my area of China owns a car, not a motorcycle, and their wage is 5-15k RMB per month. A half hour drive away it becomes 5-15k RMB per year and they usually own 3-6k RMB motorcycle. It's amazing what people can purchase with savings when greedy banks and insurance companies aren't involved.

Even after a decade of living here, I'm still baffled by the amount of money flowing through China and how it all really works.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

9. #9 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    C-Moto Senior
    Thanks for the responses; I enjoyed them.
    Last edited by Oengus; 03-06-2010 at 12:49 AM.

10. #10 Re: Price for a Zongshen motard? Qingqi motard? 
    Done 2000 km only
    Thread gone so far xD

Contacted yesterday with the person from Qingqi, obtained price. It's much more affordable then $2000. Maybe because of export things mentioned prev-ly.
    Anyway adding $300 for transportation, $30 service expenses for logisics, $500 for customs monster I'll have the US price here, 12000km away from US =(

Confused with the remark about different kinds of QM250GY model, thought it is one. I have to redefine the price, guys, can you suggest specific form. Motard will be used in hard conditions - bad roads, 85kg of my flesh, lack of mechanical experience =(
    Sorry my English - learned in school