I was reading a thread here the other day which I can't find for the life of me..... that was comparing Shanghai and BJ as places to ride and it got me thinking about where I live and the total lack of bike culture here.
In Ningbo as in many places I gather, bikes are totally banned within the ever expanding city limits. It is rare to see another motorcyclist unless you are at a dealership (there are only two real ones, and the one I use sucks) or out in the mountains. I really miss seeing other bikes around, meeting other riders and generally having bike awesomeness around me everywhere as I would in other countries.
So, the question I wanted to pose is, are there any bike friendly cities left in China? I have grown tired with Ningbo and am looking for a change next year, so what might be a good option, if we are considering riding/bike culture? Is Chengdu a goer? I liked that place last time I was there and the South West in general. Of course the ultimate destination would be dependant on me finding suitable work.
What do you think? Opinions?