Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    Today for example I had issues with my Niu ebike. I went to the Niu garage on a street full of ebike shops, fixers, parts and the like. I sat for hours while the guys worked on my ebike and I sat around shooting the shit with other riders, club members, mechanics, local girls and just whoever was around in the "scooter culture" of that area. These are the kinds of things that I miss with motorbikes.
    How great would it be to go down to the local bike area and have a well informed and competent mechanic work on any issues you have. A suspension guy who actually know how to set up a bike and modify suspension. For us longer guys, a custom upholsterer to make up individualised seats as per our needs. A tuning shop with dyno and expert tuners. a plastics shop that can plastic weld and repair crash damage. Custom paint shops that can do your bike or helmet or whatever with their own unique designs..... the list goes on. AND of course a cafe/bar for everyone to meet at. THAT is the bike culture that I miss and am looking for
    NONE of that is available here

2. #12 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    Quote Originally Posted by WesternPacific View Post
    Today for example I had issues with my Niu ebike. I went to the Niu garage on a street full of ebike shops, fixers, parts and the like. I sat for hours while the guys worked on my ebike and I sat around shooting the shit with other riders, club members, mechanics, local girls and just whoever was around in the "scooter culture" of that area. These are the kinds of things that I miss with motorbikes.
    How great would it be to go down to the local bike area and have a well informed and competent mechanic work on any issues you have. A suspension guy who actually know how to set up a bike and modify suspension. For us longer guys, a custom upholsterer to make up individualised seats as per our needs. A tuning shop with dyno and expert tuners. a plastics shop that can plastic weld and repair crash damage. Custom paint shops that can do your bike or helmet or whatever with their own unique designs..... the list goes on. AND of course a cafe/bar for everyone to meet at. THAT is the bike culture that I miss and am looking for
    NONE of that is available here
    I have dreams like that most nights when I wake up and realise its TIC lol

Keep on dreaming

Wrong country wrong people
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #13 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    yeah might be time just to pack it in and be done with the place

4. #14 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    yeah might be time just to pack it in and be done with the place
    That would be a shame when you have not even travelled around China yet.
    For me, it all comes down to ones "Expectations" if there are not high then China is a great place.
    IMO make the most of what China has to offer.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #15 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    That would be a shame when you have not even travelled around China yet.
    I have been plenty of places and seen plenty of things over the last 15 years here. Lived in various cities in various provinces. Seen most of the "famous" places in the country. So I think you might be assuming a bit too much

6. #16 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    I have been plenty of places and seen plenty of things over the last 15 years here. Lived in various cities in various provinces. Seen most of the "famous" places in the country. So I think you might be assuming a bit too much
    Sorry, my mistake.

If after 15 years your still looking for the golden goose

Maybe it is time to leave then.

7. #17 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    I hardly think looking for a bike friendly place is the golden goose BUT you are right, I think it is about time to leave

8. #18 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    I hardly think looking for a bike friendly place is the golden goose BUT you are right, I think it is about time to leave
    Wish you luck.

Try Thailand the only reason I stand it here is that 5 months a year I live in Northern Thailand, and 'everything' on your list you wish for is there no problems.
    If you live up North then you have some of the best road rides in Asian.
    A local guy to you who is a member on here ????
    I introduced to Thailand 4 years ago and now he more or less lives there with a nice Honda CB500X.

9. #19 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Wish you luck.

Try Thailand the only reason I stand it here is that 5 months a year I live in Northern Thailand, and 'everything' on your list you wish for is there no problems.
    If you live up North then you have some of the best road rides in Asian.
    A local guy to you who is a member on here ????
    I introduced to Thailand 4 years ago and now he more or less lives there with a nice Honda CB500X.
    Obviously if he has lived all over China for the last 15 years, he'll have not one clue about Thailand and need to be taught about it by clever old you.

Also the thread was about 'cities with the best bike culture' not what you misread, which was 'where are the best roads'.

You don't read what other people write properly, and you assume everyone else is an idiotic noob. Pretty insulting TBH.

10. #20 Re: Best Cities for Bike Culture 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Obviously if he has lived all over China for the last 15 years, he'll have not one clue about Thailand and need to be taught about it by clever old you.

Also the thread was about 'cities with the best bike culture' not what you misread, which was 'where are the best roads'.

You don't read what other people write properly, and you assume everyone else is an idiotic noob. Pretty insulting TBH.
    Ha Ha Ha
    You don't post much but when you do you just post a load of shit.
    As I post more shit than you and keep the fucking site alive so back off.

The old saying is "IF Y0U HAVE NOTHING NICE TO POST THEN DONT POST"
    Was not just talking about "roads" if you care to read my post again
    'everything' on your list you wish
    So do your job as a "moderate" and stop inciting trouble
    Now what a BAN again Ha Ha Ha
    Last edited by prince666; 10-16-2017 at 03:04 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast