Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hi Everyone!

1. #1 Hi Everyone! 
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Lorenzo from Italy. I plan on moving to China around August 2018 in the Fujian province (but I already know that I'll move wherever the job I'll find will take me).
    One of my passions is riding motorcycles of course, and since I understand there are some (several) restrictions in China concerning foreing bikes I started lurking this forum. Considering that the community here is very active and it has been already a source of useful information, I thought that I HAD TO register to the forum.

I ride a Moto Guzzi Florida 350, an Italian cute little bike, but considering it is anyway over 250cc it might pose some problems for the registration and all the burocratic stuff, but I need to do some homeworks!

I'm really excited about moving to China, but at the same time also scared, because while I've been there for a couple of months and see what it's like living there, and living with my Chinese girlfriend for more than 5 years, there are so many things that are still obscure to me, and all in all it will be a jump in the dark.

Anyway, hopefuly this community might help me get in the loop with many aspects of riding in China!

2. #2 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    Hi and welcome to MCM.
    Importing your bike from Itlay? sounds like a great bike but the problems involved IMO will out weight having your bike in China.
    Most guys here will buy a new bike imported or Chinese made.
    Fujian is a great province but I must admit I have not ridden much in that area (That's a first lol.)
    But from Fujian, you are only 1 days ride from Hainan, and 2 days ride from Yunnan and Sichuan provinces.
    The first thing to arrange before thinking about a bike in China is to sort out a Chinese Driving licences (C1E).
    Well, good luck and hopefully see you on the road sometime soon.

P.S. If you are into Bicycle riding we do have a member on here who eats, dreams and shit Bicycle. lol
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Hi and welcome to MCM.
    Importing your bike from Itlay? sounds like a great bike but the problems involved IMO will out weight having your bike in China.
    Most guys here will buy a new bike imported or Chinese made.
    Fujian is a great province but I must admit I have not ridden much in that area (That's a first lol.)
    But from Fujian, you are only 1 days ride from Hainan, and 2 days ride from Yunnan and Sichuan provinces.
    The first thing to arrange before thinking about a bike in China is to sort out a Chinese Driving licences (C1E).
    Well, good luck and hopefully see you on the road sometime soon.
    Thanks for your welcome!
    Yeah that's the thing. I love my bike, but it is a very cheap bike nonetheless (here in Italy it can be found for about 1-2 thousands euros).
    Thinking cleverly it could get cheaper to buy a new chinese bike directly there.
    Of course the first step toward this objective would be getting the Chinese Driving License, and before that possibly get z visa
    But yeah, hopefuly we'll be able to ride together sooner or later!

4. #4 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    On a side note with your Visa (Z).
    If that fails and you may consider getting married to your lovely Chinese girlfriend.

Makes getting a 1-year multiple entry resident visas very easy.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #5 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    On a side note with your Visa (Z).
    If that fails and you may consider getting married to your lovely Chinese girlfriend.

Makes getting a multiple entry resident visas very easy.
    Actually we are getting married November 4th, next week!
    Problem with a resident visa is that I still would need to work in China in order to earn some money, just enough to eat something on a daily basis :D If I'm not wrong the z visa is the only one allowing to work in China (legally).

6. #6 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    Well done that man.
    Hope you can post a picture of you and the new wife to be on the Guzzi Florida 350 bike.
    Yes, Z visa to work? but that depends on the work you are looking to do? and how strict the local (PSB) are in your area.
    I am sure you will sort it out.

7. #7 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    Well done that man.
    Hope you can post a picture of you and the new wife to be on the Guzzi Florida 350 bike.
    Yes, Z visa to work? but that depends on the work you are looking to do? and how strict the local (PSB) are in your area.
    I am sure you will sort it out.
    Err.. don't have one right now, but I will get one sooner or later to show you all!

In the meantime I hope that a picture of myself with the Guzzi will suffice:

wv20wj.jpg

8. #8 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    Great looking bike.
    My apologies I am not into the "Guzzi" range of bikes, but now I seen a picture of your bike I have some idea of the style of bike you like.
    With that in mind the other day I see the new LIFAN LF250-D V16 bike see link for Taobao.
    I was very impressed with the bike and at only 16.800 RMB could be a bike to consider.

Link to Taobao .....https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...cket=11#detail

9. #9 Re: Hi Everyone! 
    Great looking bike.
    My apologies I am not into the "Guzzi" range of bikes, but now I seen a picture of your bike I have some idea of the style of bike you like.
    With that in mind the other day I see the new LIFAN LF250-D V16 bike see link for Taobao.
    I was very impressed with the bike and at only 16.800 RMB could be a bike to consider.

Link to Taobao .....https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...cket=11#detail
    Moto Guzzi is an Italian thing mostly (there are several lovers also in Germany and scattered around Europe), nothing strange if you don't know much about it, and the brand comprehend very different bikes. For sure the thing I'll miss the most will be its unique sound, absolutely outstanding.

Yeah that's the style I like
    That Lifan for 16800 rmb definitely seems a fair and cheap option, and it would be a new bike (mine is '94).
    In any case before buying any bike there I want to first sort out the license thing, and then I'll buy one (or if in the end find a way to import mine in a reasonable way, than be it). But yet, knowing that there is the possibility to get a new bike at a reasonable price is good to hear!