Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Qing Qi Country

1. #1 Qing Qi Country 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Just thought i'd share a few pics of the area around Jinan, the home of QingQi of course, and Tai Shan.
    For those who may be interested in visiting the area and climbing Mount Tai, there are some beautiful spots all around that area. Head south from Jinan and you wont go far wrong.
    As is well known, the locals in that part of the world are good folk, so you wont get any trouble if you pick a quiet spot to pitch your tent.

camping sept 07 017.jpg

camping sept 07 015.jpg

tai shan 070.jpg
    The best place to camp on the peak of Tai Shan. 2 mins from the top and not a not a single person can see you.

camping sept 07 148.jpg

photos 005.jpg
    Ling Yan Si
    Last edited by MGAlbion; 05-11-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Hey! I live in Zibo 100kms from Jinan! I know Jinan really well and often visit the Taishan area on my bike, as do a fair few of us here. Want to ride together sometime?
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Looks like great time! It's not easy to find a camping spot where no one can see you pretty much anywhere in China.

You happen to have some GPS tracks or a map of the route you take?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I would have loved to. I was there for over four years and never knew there were such a group of bikers in Zibo until i joined your Facebook group last week.
    Now im down in the murky depths of Wuhan.
    I'm Just looking into buying a new bike, but its a bit frustrating as i'm after a dual sport tall enough for me, a six footer. there arent too many out there.
    You dont happen to know Dennis, a Welsh guy who used to live in Zibo? He's a mate of mine.

Where do you ride, mostly around Shandong or all over?

Here's a couple more pics of around Jinan.

pics.jpg

pics2.jpg
    The Yellow River

pics3.jpg

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Sorry CC, i dont. I just used to ride around checking out the roads and the small tracks the farmers use to get to their fields.

Hey, yes I know Dennis! I haven't seen him for a year or two though!

China this days is a bit of a problem, there seem to be plenty of bikes out there, but in terms of registrable in China, hmm not so many...plenty for export though. Check out Asiawing LX450 http://www.asiawing.com/ and Shineray XY250GY http://www.shineray.com/products-liebiao.asp?id=75# Those are both tall, there are motard and dual sport versions, both companies say they can register the bikes in China with lights etc, phone them and see if they really can! Then report back! Asiawing are in Taian by the way.

We ride Jinan, Taian, Zibo, Laiwu and Qingzhou districts, but not usually over the whole province due to lack of mountains and family commitments.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.