Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    Don't buy second hand (except from me ��) Metal monkey who bought X2 will confirm that ��
    In China vast majority of bikes get only crash maintenance.

The X2 is basically a good bike, but for real long distance travel you better buy the version with EFI and street orientation regarding seat etc. I saw them in orange only at TaoBao.
    Some mods on it and it should be suitable. My one had the slim seat and I had to grow a leather layer on my butt until it got acceptable longer than 50km on a smooth road. ��

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    HAHA leather arse! nice! well I think I'll be getting a bike and staying sort of local...within 50km then when i do venture out I will buy a new seat online and just put it on myself, I think I will need to learn how to do maintenance on a bike as I'd not trust people here, although I heard there are some useful mechanics in huizhou etc. but not in shenzhen as bikes are not allowed. not even sure they are allowed to service your bike here! but i guess if the price is right....

2. #12 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by a_steel View Post
    I think your biggest concern should be not where to buy bike, but how to register it to remain legal as much as possible.

all bikes I listed (2 Jialings and 1 Qingqi) we bought from dealers in Xining (Qinghai) and Shanghai areas. and luckily there's no problem to remain legal in Xining as this city is not banned for motorcycles.

for 2nd hand bikes you could use also 2.taobao.com
    but if you're willing to buy 2nd hand then you have to go and check bike carefuly yourself first. no any downpayment ahead (I had a very unpleasant experience with one 'respected' MCM member).
    I've been looking at other bikes here and none of them have plates so I'm guessing it doesn't really matter but I will most certainly try and get it registered somewhere outside of shenzhen. my GF's home town will most likely be able to do it for a small fortune.

3. #13 Re: Looking for a Chinese Dual Sport... 
    Banned
    Registration once you work out the list of not that complex stuff is about 10% of new bike value, I would not worry about that.
    If you need to know the general process contact me - Unless you are in a bike banned area it cant be very different and knowing your stuff helps you argue with idiots

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12