Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I've come across a pretty good deal (asking 3000rmb) on a lightly used CQR250 with the Zhongshan air-cooled engine. I've been looking for something to use as a light commuter bike and general exploring bike. Is this worth it?

The bike never had plates on it. Will it be difficult to get them? I'm in Shanghai, but I don't need the expensive one to ride downtown, just something that to ride out of town legally.

Thanks,
    Paul

CQR are crappy. U get what u pay for.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #3 Re: Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I thought the engine was supposed to be OK. Is the rest of the bike just junk? I heard that the assembly wasn't very good, does that just mean you have to go through it with loctite and then you're good?

4. #4 Re: Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul68 View Post
    I've come across a pretty good deal (asking 3000rmb) on a lightly used CQR250 with the Zhongshan air-cooled engine. I've been looking for something to use as a light commuter bike and general exploring bike. Is this worth it?

The bike never had plates on it. Will it be difficult to get them? I'm in Shanghai, but I don't need the expensive one to ride downtown, just something that to ride out of town legally.

Thanks,
    Paul
    Hi Paul, you can forget about getting legal plates. Even if the bike has a fapiao... The fapiao needs to be in your name (Chinese or English or both depending on other factors and the day of the week or the direction the wind is blowing)... and the bike needed to have been plated within a short period of time after initial purchase, not to mention all the other documents needed which should be supplied by the dealer and manfacturer. There's a good a chance though the seller might tell you a load of porkies (BS) though to convince you it's doable.
    3K CNY... seriously what do you think you wil get with that kind of money... IMO nothing but shiet...
    You really do get what you pay for... and in most cases here in the middle kingdo0m, much much worse.
    Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist
    - Pablo Picasso

5. #5 Re: Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks for the info. I didn't realize these bikes were so cheap brand new. This is an expat unloading stuff before he leaves, so I figured it might just be a good deal (they do happen, my neighbor picked up a lifan 200 for free because it was just left behind in a guys garage).
    So, is there any way to polish this turd or is it a lost cause? I have 8 months left in this country and I'm just looking for something to mess around on this summer.
    Last edited by Tallpaul68; 05-08-2016 at 03:06 PM.

6. #6 Re: Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Thanks for the info. I didn't realize these bikes were so cheap brand new. This is an expat unloading stuff before he leaves, so I figured it might just be a good deal (they do happen, my neighbor picked up a lifan 200 for free because it was just left behind in a guys garage).
    So, is there any way to polish this turd or is it a lost cause? I have 8 months left in this country and I'm just looking for something to mess around on this summer.
    Wait for a legal used shineray/qingqi or similar to come up for sale. Can get good deals and they have some quality control. CQR's have zero quality control and fall apart as theirs no manufacture name on it. Useless.

7. #7 Re: Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Do you guys have any recommendations on where to find good used motorcycles? So far I've been watching this forum, Craigslist, and word of mouth, but that hasn't turned up much.

8. #8 Re: Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    C-Moto Regular
    Do you guys have any recommendations on where to find good used motorcycles? So far I've been watching this forum, Craigslist, and word of mouth, but that hasn't turned up much.
    58.com in your local area. Thats the chinese craigslist.
    Also moto8.com.
    Ask around for the motorcycle market. Should be one somewhere

Another bike to look for is a JiaLing Enduro, air cooled, 223cc.
    We have a friend in our riding group who rides it since certain while and never any problem. At least worth to have a look

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L07 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

10. #10 Re: Thinking about getting a CQR250 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thanks guys, I'll stay looking into those websites. I've seen one street in Shanghai selling motorcycles, but they were are new foreign bikes. Still need to find the used bike street.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast