Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Here is OUR new QM250. What do you want to know? What shall we do to it? Be patient.... I'm going riding with chinabiker in BJ and this will be sitting in my garage when I return, two weeks from today.

Here is what I know after visiting Jiangmen Qingqi Huanan Motorcycle Co.,LTD in Guangdong today. This is the QM250GY-B[ASD] which will slowly be making its way to dealers throughout the world in 2009. Buy one today? I doubt it. End of summer? Maybe. Late fall most likely.

Maybe its not in your garage, but we have one, so let's get started. Ask whatever you want and I will do my best to cover it.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

HOLY CRAP IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED??!?!?

Great news indeed! What are your general impressions of it so far? Any saddle time?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Very nice!! We shall all live vicariously through you, until we can get hold of one (as well as the CPI 250 motard, and Shineray 250 motard, etc). I wonder if Qlink will sell these, or will that cut into their 250 Magelli sales? If we can't get hold of one in the US, I guess I will keep after the Puzey/Pitster Pro XTR 250 motard that I can get hold of here.

I need more sleep. chromedioxide's Avatar
    Any stats published on it yet? hp? weight? etc? >>insert drool here<<

Frame doesn't look much different from this angle, whereas most of the new 250's I've been looking at have a much more massive "cage" for the motor.
    As was asked just above, any specs on it yet? And which motor is that?

Seer

Look in the QingQi section fellas...

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423

CC

C-Moto Noob
    guys the engine could be this one, Qingqi engines were also shown in their booth at the last canton fair a month ago in guangzhou. I was there at the last day of show and was pretty amazed by the numbers of exhibitors in there. These Qingqi bikes looks good, did not miss them as their booth is along one of the main halls. Took a few pics on their bikes too.
    Attached Images

8. #8 It's Here 
    Well, it finally arrived today at 6:00.....

I connected the battery, put in some gas and took it for a very short spin. Gently ran through gears and tested the brakes.... it feels pretty nice.

When I bought my v-strom, it rained for three weeks the forecast doesn't look much better for the qingqi, pray for sunshine!

Cheers
    ChinaV

Good news it finally arrived! I think this may be the actual orange bike that you photoshopped last year. Small world eh?

So when do we get tho 0-60-0 and 1/4 mile traps times?

The engine looks like it might be from the Suzuki TU250 (without the FI). Whaddyathink?

Also, I'm curious about those tires. The tread pattern look very workable but how about the rubber? I never saw those tires for sale in China or anywhere else for that matter.

CC

10. #10 First Day and 100 K 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Also, I'm curious about those tires. The tread pattern look very workable but how about the rubber? I never saw those tires for sale in China or anywhere else for that matter.
    The tires are Kingstone 110/70-17 and 130/70-17 Tube-type. Not much info I could find via google, but I think the factory is in Qingdao. One of the sourcing people in my office is trying to see if they are available. They feel good on the road, but let's just say they didn't inspire confidence in the dirt. Same tires were on the "Rock" X-Bike.

I took about an hour this morning adjusting all the little stuff, the chain was way too tight from the factory, but most other things appeared to be assembled and torqued correctly.

The chain is a KMC O-Ring with a master link, quality looks good. Rear sprocket is 43T with a 4 four bolt pattern that is different than the one on my old QM200.

I took the long way to work and the long way back home, a little over 100 kilometers and everything appears to be working fine.

The first thing I noticed was a small improvement in low end torque compared to the QM200. Overall, it feels the same.... just smoother, with a little more oomph!

The riding position is pretty neutral, the bars are a little low for my taste, but I think aggressive street riders will like the lower position. The seat is very comfortable compared to the previous one on my 200 dual-sport and the height is perfect for me.

The brakes are great, the new rear disk is a huge improvement over the old drum style on the QM200 and although the front is only a single disk, it doesn't feel like the bike needs anything more.

80-100 kph is very smooth, 100-120 kph gets a bit buzzy, I won't give her the GPS top speed test until after the 500 k service. If anyone has the Suzuki TU250 service manual, it would be nice to know the valve clearance to see how it compares to the QingQi. CC, know any QQ people that might have a competent answer for the valve specs?

Overall, I'm impressed.... it's not a whole new machine, but a nice refined evolution of the original QM200.

So far so good...
    Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast