Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by barnone View Post
    Felix,
    While you are talking to Qingqi ask about this one.
    "This is "The Rock" QM250GY-2D, an adventure touring based version of the QM250 slated for mass production sometime in 2011."
    Thanks,
    What is the question?

The link to the story of the "The Rock" has most of the details about the bike. Getting solid info out of QingQi is almost impossible. I tried for months to purchase one, only to find out it's just a prototype. Many components are the same as the Liger, but the frame, seat, gas tank, headlight, console, and bodywork are designed for touring. The Tourfella boxes are made by a guy in China, not QingQi. The bike has been on display in trade shows for an entire year, and also appears in many advertisements on the web and in Chinamotor magazine, yet only a single unit was ever made. When they told me "sometime in 2011", I took that as "don't get your hopes up of actually getting it during the 2011 riding season".

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #92 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    ChinaV,
    I was hoping that if enough people ask about "the Rock" it might encourage the bike to be built.
    Thanks,
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

3. #93 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    ChinaV,
    I was hoping that if enough people ask about "the Rock" it might encourage the bike to be built.
    Thanks,
    If one person would order a 40 foot container full, they would be done even faster

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #94 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    oooo, so many goodies that I now have to buy! Was just about to start some research on jetting my Qingqi, to get rid of the aforementioned popping on deceleration.

Also the instrument cluster will be worth whatever hassle it takes to get it hooked up. Looks pretty snazzy back lit, and a trip meter is always a plus!

The oil cooler is nice, but is it needed? Also wonder if they played with the oil pressure to compensate for the cooler and distance the oil has to be pushed (if that's even necessary considering the size).

Can't wait to see how this build goes! And love the color!
    "Hahaha, Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain."

5. #95 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    ChinaV,
    Looks like your Liger is a very nice bike and a big improvement over my Qlink XF200. Appears that the pickup for the digital speedometer is still off the front wheel. Can it be toggled from KM to MPH for speed and miles for odometer?

The oil cooler and the rear rack are nice added touches.

http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/products...gce.aspx?id=90 shows EFI?
    Vince
    2021 Ural cT
    2022 Dong Fang DF250RTG
    2021 Ice Bear 150cc scooter
    2020 Ice Bear 150cc Scooter

6. #96 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Appears that the pickup for the digital speedometer is still off the front wheel. Can it be toggled from KM to MPH for speed and miles for odometer?
    The pickup housing is the same as the older cable driven one, with the exception of the cable being replaced with two wires instead of a drive-cable running to the speedo. A couple observations about the console. There's one button on the face of the LCD that lets you set the clock and reset the trip meter, there's another button on the back, but you need to take the console off the bike and use a pen to access it. I played with it for a while, but could not toggle the unit from KM to MPH, the only thing it appears to do is to set the wheel size. Could do more, but I will need to ask QingQi for some instructions. For some reason, mine keeps re-setting the clock every time I turn the bike on and off. I'm planning on replacing it with a Trail Tech Vapor digital unit. If anyone has done this on a QM200 I would be interested in hearing about it.

I have seen the Liger with EFI and I'm sure it's something that will be available soon. At this time, I'm more comfortable with the carburetor, as there aren't too many Chinese bikes with robust EFI systems.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

7. #97 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    The first changes I made were adding the rear rack and replacing the footpegs, same as the ones I used earlier in this thread. Next it was on to the handlebars for some improvement. The stock bars are very heavy steel and the bend just doesn't work for me. So....

Off with the old ones.

Added some CNC aluminum 7/8" (22mm) to 1" (25mm) adapters.

New 1" (25mm) handlebars... black of course.

New control levers mounts and new brake master cylinder/reservoir. These are the CNC type with adjustable levers.

And some Acerbis style handguards.

That's all for now, done with the easy mods. It's going to be a while before the rally fairing, seat, wheels, luggage system and racks are sorted out.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:04 AM.

8. #98 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Looking good. In the process of painting, or photoshopping the handguard brackets?
    "Hahaha, Crom laughs at your four winds. He laughs from his mountain."

9. #99 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Mythbuster
    Looking good mate ..that is one pretty machine....hard to not be happy with that..

10. #100 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Yeah i was wondering what was going on with that black bracket too!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast