I have a huge list of to-do's and modifications, so I will be dumping a lot of pics and random comments over the next few days. I've been hitting the bike markets for farkles, and QingQi for maintenance specs, so let's get started.

If something is specific to the QM250, I will point it out, otherwise, most of this stuff is compatible with the QM200 family (motard/dual-sport).

If you do a lot of off-road riding, you will probably be happy with the stock metal foot-pegs, otherwise, I would highly recommend replacing them with rubber mounted pegs. The vibration difference is quite noticeable, especially if you ride any kind of distance at higher speeds. I found these in the Guangzhou bike market, inexpensive and effective.

The stock passenger hand rails look good, but are useless when you need to carry something. You can add the rear rack, OEM from QingQi.

The rack should be simple to mount up, but both of the OEM units I purchased were less than perfect. I few extra washers and spacers and all was well, but I've seen better quality on other racks I purchased from QQ in the past. You can see that it's a little "tweaked".

Pretty wide tolerance, I added spacers rather than stressing the welds on the rack.

Installed and ready for (ab)use.

The stock handlebar position was just too low for me, hands were numb after thirty minutes. I couldn't find a good set of bars with the right combination of height and width, so I grabbed a couple sets of bar risers to experiment. These are 5 CM (1.5 inches) and work fine with the stock cables.

I mentioned earlier that the rear sprocket is a 520/43T, I wanted to check the front and found it's a 520/15T. The outside cover is a bit different than the QM200, but it still has those annoying little 7mm bolts (should be 8mm like the other covers).

OEM 520/15T Front Sprocket

This is a very high quality rubber damped unit that is a rare find on most Chinese bikes.

The Mikuni carburetor is a little different than the QM200, notice the new choke lever and the push-pull throttle linkage has been replaced with a single pull-type.

That's all for now. The new dual-sport rims and tires (21" & 18") just arrived so I'm off to the garage for more wrenching.... stay tuned.

Cheers!
ChinaV