Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Senior
    ok here is what I just sent to Trailtech -

Hello -

I own a 2009 Qlink XF200 (same exact engine as a Suzuki DR200) my bike has inverted or upside down forks. What model would you recommend? I also want the dashboard unit for this as well. Please let me know if you have additional questions about my bike as I can send you all the detail and pictures of it you like. I belong to a webforum called MyChinaMoto.com and many users all own this bike and are very anxious to find out which unit you may recommend. I know I am ready to purchase one and get it rolling. Below is a Picture of my dashboard now, but want to replace it with your unit. Also a few pics of the bike itself.

Thank you very much and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Andrew Fornal – President
    http://www.jamestowncomputer.com

I'll keep you all posted with the reply

Andrew

2. #112 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Oops...Ya caught me photoshopping. I was thinking about sending the mounting bits over to the anodizer so they don't stick out so much. Also not really happy with shiny plastic of the handguards, would like to see if I can get them to match the flat black of the rest of the bike. It's hard being anal retentive...Cheers!ChinaV
    I found the ideal method of matching everything on the Kinlon, ChinaV - starting with the glossy black which I prefer to bright colours but still don't like much - number 1, leave it in the sun for a day or two and the glossy black plastics will crack and fall off exposing the matte black tank and frame, number 2, leave it in the rain for a day or two and everything metal will rust and blend in together, number 3 a few more rides through the bush and everything shiny is scratched up and matte black which is what I shall do when my shiny black barkbusters arrive!

If all else fails, spray too much special 'sticky' grease on the chain and it will unstick and cover everything the mud hasn't!!!! Oh yeah and you can get aesthetic bits of matching, matte black congealed plastic as well by letting your GF ride as pillion and melting her very expensive Adidas and handbag on the exhaust pipe.

Its NOT hard being a slob ...
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

3. #113 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    ok here is what I just sent to Trailtech -

Hello -

I own a 2009 Qlink XF200 (same exact engine as a Suzuki DR200) my bike has inverted or upside down forks. What model would you recommend? I also want the dashboard unit for this as well. Please let me know if you have additional questions about my bike as I can send you all the detail and pictures of it you like. I belong to a webforum called MyChinaMoto.com and many users all own this bike and are very anxious to find out which unit you may recommend. I know I am ready to purchase one and get it rolling. Below is a Picture of my dashboard now, but want to replace it with your unit. Also a few pics of the bike itself.

Thank you very much and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Andrew Fornal – President
    http://www.jamestowncomputer.com

I'll keep you all posted with the reply

Andrew
    Andrew, I see that you don't have even a KM on your bike yet. Is this picture up to date? If so, I feel for you brother as you haven't been able to ride at all.

4. #114 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Senior
    That would be correct David - As fast as I recieved it, The snow started and has not showed much of any disappearing anytime soon. Got it about the end of October 2010. This is an up to date picture......:(

5. #115 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by JTC View Post
    That would be correct David - As fast as I recieved it, The snow started and has not showed much of any disappearing anytime soon. Got it about the end of October 2010. This is an up to date picture......:(
    Come on mate, get some of these for the ice. http://www.mv-motorrad.de/cosmoshop/...,,10107,,,.htm

Normal knobbies are fine in snow btw, I rode all sorts of road and offroad bikes in winter in Wales, ice and snow. Just go no more than 30mph, keep upright round bends, use your feet sometimes as outriggers, forget you have a front brake and allow much more stopping time. It is great fun and safe if you learn a bit and have ridden mud and sand. Keeping WARM is the ONLY hard bit, you need a face mask for sure. Give it a go and PLEASE wear a helmet cam while you do .....
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

6. #116 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Not going to win any beauty contests with the addition of the handguard extensions and mirrors, but at least my hands will be well protected, and I can see more than just shoulders in the rear view.

An extra Vista Cruise throttle control I had lying around fit after a few minor modifications... Viola! cruise control.

I've been using some handwarmers for the last month on my Yingang 250. I like the grips, and for ¥60, figured I might as well throw a set on. It's one of those little things that makes a huge difference on cold days.

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Fixed Photos

7. #117 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    That bike is looking stunning, those hand guards make the bike look better as far as I'm concerned, I think some nicer mirrors would do the trick though (I got some really nice looking angular KOSO ones from Taiwan, there's a guy here in Shenzhen that sells them for 150Yaun a set, I've got them on my moped, and they've got that whole if someone shines brights at you it cuts down the reflection thing going :) )

Here's a pic I took a minute ago...

mirror.jpg

A handy guy like you could find a way to mount them on those long stalks without an issue, especially since these can be fully disassembled:

CIMG3088.jpg
    Last edited by Serpentza; 01-27-2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: add a picture

8. #118 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Thanks for the tip Serpentza, I was going with function over form on the mirrors. I got some new solid CNC ones for my Yingang 250, they're probably the coolest of the bunch, but ¥200 a pair is expensive, and they don't give a great field of view.

The dude in Shenzhen selling the Koso for ¥150 a set is a wanker, they cost ¥30 for blue glass and ¥20 for clear in Guangzhou .

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    Last edited by ChinaV; 04-20-2013 at 01:12 AM.

9. #119 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Senior
    I personally would like to find some NEW Mirrors for my Qlink - I don't want bar end mirrors becuase I just don't like the look. I want some mirrors that do NOT have such a long stem. Anyone know the thread size for these mirrors on the Qlink? That info may help me find what i'm looking for. Usually these are either 8mm or 10mm - Not sure so chime in if you know.

Andrew

10. #120 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Senior
    China V - Those morrors look pretty nice, do you know If I can find them in the states or ebay possibly? Thanks

Andrew

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast