Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. #131 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Remember Slabo if everything was easy and things made sense we wouldn't be in China anymore.
    Last edited by Supersignet; 02-20-2011 at 11:13 AM.

2. #132 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Thanks for all the replies. I had my hopes up, but the guanxi requirement quickly turned me off. I really have no patience for such things, but mabye I should start learning if I intentend to stay in China for a long time.

I like the idea of replacing the engine. True, vibration and power are the main issues. I'd be spending ~3000 rmb and get a new bike.
    But this needs a closer study. I replace the engine, I will then notice the suspension after that. Also, bike weighs 144kg dry now! Thats because all the frame, rack, handle bar... everything is steel. Heavy, strong and cheap! I'm sure that Loncin engine is even heavier. How will the bike handle? I'm scared if I start down that road, this whole project will turn into a money pit.
    Too early to make a descion, but I will think more about the engine swap. I really I can't see upgrading to another bike except if its a well built 250 Enduro.

3. #133 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Found this little gem on Taobao today. Someone frankenstiened a Shineray GY7! Same engine ChinaV was talking about, with an air cooler.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5821348378

With the new regulations out, carb bikes not legal anymore, seems I have a bike I should hold on to because getting something new is even more trouble. Changing my engine seems like a good choice now.

4. #134 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    wow, thats an awesome bit if modding/bodging good on the guy..
    those radiators look very vunerable though, on the overgrown jungle tracks we have down here they wouldn't last one ride.
    Thanks chinaV, i know which engine i'm buying if i blow up the galaxy.. that black counterbalanced one looks sexy!!

rich

5. #135 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    ...With the new regulations out, carb bikes not legal anymore, seems I have a bike I should hold on to because getting something new is even more trouble. Changing my engine seems like a good choice now...
    Carb still legal in 国3 (Stricter than Euro 3 / i.e. not easily scammed as EEC bike that sold in Europe : Added fuel evaporative limit just like CARB in US/ Random test the new bike in market )
    Warning: You will be "screwed" by police if new engine # don't match the record (TiC :some place can stamp # to blank engine )
    Last edited by humanbeing; 03-08-2011 at 10:40 PM.

6. #136 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Just sayin - I dig the Cig lighter on the bike. Great way to charge the phone on the road
    Gardo northern NJ/NYC
    CCW tha Heist tha Widow
    CCW tha Misfit (tha Wraith)
    50 State legal and Worldwide
    CCW Heist Riders

7. #137 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Interesting concept for a GY-7, radiators will be wasted in no time. Don't know if it's counterbalanced, but I think I would stick with the Loncin 233 air cooled, counter balanced, model instead. Less money and proven reliability .

Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Carb still legal in 国3 (Stricter than Euro 3 / i.e. not easily scammed as EEC bike that sold in Europe : Added fuel evaporative limit just like CARB in US/ Random test the new bike in market )
    Warning: You will be "screwed" by police if new engine # don't match the record (TiC :some place can stamp # to blank engine )
    Humanbeing, I have been asking everyone I know about what's left here in China (over 200cc) that can be registered. So far I have only confirmed the JH600 and YBR250 are possible. QingQi has nothing over 150cc. Still waiting for news from Galaxy. What's the story with Shineray? Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
    Just sayin - I dig the Cig lighter on the bike. Great way to charge the phone on the road
    Looks handy, but will last about a week in China (vibration, dirt, etc.). Better to ditch the whole socket and just hard wire your charger to the positive and negative leads. I made a little "how to" guide for creating a robust USB charger for bikes, just haven't gotten round to posting it up.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #138 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    Still waiting for news from Galaxy.
    Here is an email conversation between myself and a sales representative from galaxy.

Hello, Jon,

Are you still interested in buying the XTR model?

It is not problem to register it in Beijing.
    Yours sincerely
    Frank

My reply

Frank,

I am very interested in the XTR, thanks for getting back to me. But since it took over a month to respond to my inquiry, I already went ahead and purchased a 125cc qingqi street bike. However, I will be looking into buying a dual sport later this year and would like to know if Galaxy bikes will meet the new emission requirements that Beijing has set.

Best,
    Jon

His reply

Hi, Jon,

About the emission requirement, it is not a problem for our bike. Dont worry about that.

Any way, hope you enjoy your new motorcycle and if need any other things, feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day
    Beijing: 2008 125cc Qingqi

9. #139 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    TIC.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

10. #140 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Interesting concept for a GY-7, radiators will be wasted in no time. Don't know if it's counterbalanced, but I think I would stick with the Loncin 233 air cooled, counter balanced, model instead. Less money and proven reliability
    I'll second that. That setup is just asking for something to go wrong. I think it doesn't even make more power than the air cooled one. The counter balanced air cooled engine is called CBP250, there's a few of them on taobao.

I made a little "how to" guide for creating a robust USB charger for bikes, just haven't gotten round to posting it up.
    I would actually quite like to see it please, if you had time to put it up. I tried a couple last year and neither lasted very long!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast