Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
  1. #141 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Well Jon, I'm not surprised that you got less than perfect service, but waiting a month for a reply to an email . Pick up the phone, it's the best way to get things done in the MC industry here. So after reading your post, I did just that, and Galaxy is investigating the issue as it pertains to the changes that were enacted on March 1, 2011. Since your post does not show the dates of this discussion, what Frank said, may, or may not, be true. In fact, what anyone has said about registering a bike in China in any post on this forum is no longer valid without being checked again.

Not sure how you got hooked up with Frank, but John, Lydia, and the boss (Tiger) have always gone out of there way to provide good service.

New Rules folks... let's hope the industry has made some plans for 国3.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

2. #142 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Regular
    I sent galaxy an inquiry asking if i could somehow get lao jia huo's xtr plated in beijing. then one month later, frank responded asking if i wanted to buy a new XTR. answered different question than i originally asked, haha. that second email was sent to me on march 2, 2011.
    Beijing: 2008 125cc Qingqi

3. #143 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by GJN View Post
    I sent galaxy an inquiry asking if i could somehow get lao jia huo's xtr plated in beijing. then one month later, frank responded asking if i wanted to buy a new XTR. answered different question than i originally asked, haha. that second email was sent to me on march 2, 2011.
    Which sucks, because in that month, you probably lost the ability to get it registered . I hope I'm wrong and the XTR and TGR can still be regged with a carb.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #144 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Well, this is China and all, but surely a bike that's already been registered under pre-国3 rules can be transferred to a new owner now, no?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #145 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Guru
    Sorry for O/T but can a bike bought in one district be registered in another? What's to prevent us buying a cheaper Regal Raptor in Wujiang then bringing it in to Shanghai?

Also, I have a bike registered in Jiangsu that I would love to buy Hu C plates for.

6. #146 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi, newbie here.
    I live in Nicaragua and the QingQi 250's are being sold here in both the Motard and the Trail versions.
    They are badged in the Genesis line of bikes and are being sold in the Yamaha dealerships.
    I have a dual-sport model on order, $2,900(U.S.) out the door.
    I forgot to ask, but I'm hoping it comes with a one year warrenty.
    By way of comparsion, a new XT250 Yamaha is $5,500.

I also have a Jialing JH150GY-2. It was $1350 with the first three services free and a 6 month/3,000 Km. warrenty.
    Cycling in Central America has never been so good!

Motomech

7. #147 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Hey, motomech...I eagerly await the introduction of the U.S.'s version of the 250 Qingqi via Cleveland Cycle Werks which will be only available in motard form. The 200 has been available here and throughout south of the US for a few years now.

I have been seeing many posts on horizonsunlimited from people buying cheap Chinese bikes in various countries from Mexico and south through Central and S. America. It seems the Qingqi 200 has been proven to be among the highest quality given its Suzuki roots.

8. #148 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Because it's a poor country, there are millions of 125/150/200 China bikes here. More bikes than cars even(where I live).
    It seems to me that the small displacement bikes have reached a plateu of fair reliability.
    My Jialing is a good example. I work at a project on the coast and ride 60 Km.s of unimproved dirt roads a day, and I'm 250 lb.s and thash it.
    The trannie has lots of false neutrals, but the motor is real solid.
    The tires and chain are junk and will have to be replaced by 3K Km.s, but the wheels are holding up fine. The suspension is typical low-grade, hard on the little stuff/soft on the big stuff and the rear shock just gives up and locks up on fast/hard hits. But even something like a XR200 would be hard-pressed with what I'm doing.
    I think the Genesis(QingQi)250 will be more able to handle my commute and I suspect that I will be able to knock off 10 minutes each way.
    I see you are in Az. I had a bike shop in Tucson for years and owned many air-cooled thumpers. Air-cooled engine can take the heat, one just needs to chance the oil more often(The QingQi 250 has an oil-cooler).

9. #149 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by motomech View Post
    I see you are in Az. I had a bike shop in Tucson for years and owned many air-cooled thumpers. Air-cooled engine can take the heat, one just needs to chance the oil more often(The QingQi 250 has an oil-cooler).
    I was a little concerned about the heat and whether I should look for a liquid-cooled motard or not

I am not terribly familiar with Tucson, but have been there a couple of times. How long ago were you there? What kind of bikes (bicycle or motorcycle ) did you sell/fix?

If you can, try to get some photos of your commute that you have to ride now; just out of curiosity--sounds like 'fun'

10. #150 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well, good and bad news. The whole country is sold out of the dual-sport models, but there are some motard versions left.
    The good news is, they will sell me one of those for $2500(out the door, with 2 free services). The only color available is black w/ silver trim.
    Now all I have to do is get a day off work(not easy) and go to the Capital to pick it up(They won't sent this model to the local dealership for some reason).
    I'll post pictures when I get it.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast