Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
  1. #151 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    If you have a camera then maybe you can take some photos of it and the capital…that is a better Chinese motorcycle. Your fortunate to get one at that price. Qlink tries to sell the 200cc here for $2,600.00 they are good but simply not selling well at that price. If they sold the 250cc here for $2,500.00 OTD I would own one.

2. #152 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The Genesis GXT200A(B) is currently the best selling bike in Nicaragua.
    The cost is $1700 here and the dual-purpose version is very attractive in either red or blue(same livery as the 250 dual sports). I live out in the country and haven't noticed what the Motard 200's look like.
    I have seen the 250 motard like I'm going to buy. It's all black w/ some pointy silver trim designs, no faux carbon, stainless exh., natural alum. swing-arm and gold forks. I think it's the best looking version I have seen.
    Both 250 versions come w/ the oil-cooler. I will take some pics.
    Nicaragua is a very poor country and the prices are low on most everything, most notably, houses and girls.

3. #153 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Nice review. I have the Qlink 200 version (bought online), and would like to upsize to this 250.

Pointers on where to get one?

Thx in advance...
    (and forgive me if info already available, I have not done the research, just found the review at the mychina home page...)
    Clark. Lehigh Acres, FL.
    2010 Qlink 200
    2007 Honda VTX 1300

4. #154 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Clark,

Greetings and welcome to the forum. I'm not an authority, but I'm pretty sure the QLink 250 is indeed the Qingqi 250 featured in ChinaV's review, and it's widely available under many different brands with only minor mechanical or cosmetic modifications. Would be great to have a thread that cross-indexes these rebadged Chinabikes. There's a separate thread active right now where a member is looking for parts for a Kinlon, which is also a rebadged brand for a widely available Chinabike.

Start with the advanced search function, and see what you can find on the Qingqi 250 and its various alter egos.

Also, posting pix of your bike always helps to spur responses for calls for help. I believe several members in Florida.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

5. #155 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    In the states it's sold under the CCW brand, they call it 'tha hooligun'.

http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com/b...nd-cyclewerks/

6. #156 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Tha Hooligan... sweet... but yikes, that price... $3,495MSRP. I bought my Qlink xf200 (basically the same cycle as "tha hooligan" minus 50cc?) in Georgia, USA, last year for less than half of that (including shipping and handling) from an on-line purchase at ebay... the price I paid was similar to many of the Chinese made 200cc class dual-purpose cycles I see thoughout Honduras. For me, this offering of tha hooligan has a pricing issue. Any other cheaper online sites? Having said that, the Qingqi / Qlink quality I have experienced with the xf200 has been, well, near flawless for the 3,000 kilometer/miles (I cannot figure which the odometer measures?) I have put on the xf200...
    To further the Honduras pricing note, my unscientific observation seems the count / ratio of chinese motorcycles to their japanese counterparts on the Honduran roads is roughly 20 to 1. This is likely due to the significant pricing differential between the two, i.e. about 1 to 3?
    And... I probably shouldn't go there... but hooligun is spelled hooligan? Maybe I'm jus old school, but i do like the "tha" thing...
    Clark. Lehigh Acres, FL.
    2010 Qlink 200
    2007 Honda VTX 1300

7. #157 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    trying to remove / delete this post. I can edit, but not figure out delete?
    Last edited by lakeclark; 07-11-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: trying to remove / delete this post?
    Clark. Lehigh Acres, FL.
    2010 Qlink 200
    2007 Honda VTX 1300

8. #158 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeclark View Post
    ...well, near flawless for the 3,000 kilometer/miles (I cannot figure which the odometer measures?) ...
    in km http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...ll=1#post30135
    Last edited by humanbeing; 07-11-2011 at 02:39 PM.

9. #159 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    China V how are things going on with teh 250 thats if you still have it?, iv heard a few things from dealers that the brand "superbyke" has been gettting it tested to try and get all the approvals to sell it in the UK, i would like to know what the BHP is on the 250 and whether its worth upgrading my Rieju for one but atm my bike is pumping out 20.1 bhp at the crank but i would only be riding the 250 for a year before my full license gets unrestricted by UK laws

10. #160 Re: First Day and 100 K 
    Can't remember the exact figure given for the QM250, but it's around 20bhp, maybe 21. I'd stick to your 125 for another year as it's probably a fair bit lighter than the qingqi.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast