Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    CC, we had a great time. ChinaV will post a RR and us will contribute to it. Stay tuned.

2. #52 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Does anyone know where I can get a set of pegs like the ones in post #21? I've been looking and can't kind anything that's even close.

3. #53 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a set of pegs like the ones in post #21? I've been looking and can't kind anything that's even close.
    The pegs are for the Yamaha XJR400, I don't think they were sold in North America. I tried some google searching and didn't come up with much, maybe you can try checking at a Yamaha shop or salvage yard.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #54 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    May be worth trying some KLX or KLR pegs by the looks of it. If you're looking for lower profile with some rubber... the previous version Ninja 250 looks to have a similar angle on the mounts.

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #55 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Well, after checking around based on the above recomendations I found these;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Foot-...=p4506.c0.m245

I'll see how they fit and post the results. Thanks guys.

6. #56 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    China V . Nice bike
    Can you guide me what I need to do , in order to ride freely in China ?
    What makes the QIngqi 200-250 street legal and what makes these machines Not street legal in China :
    www.apollovehicle.com
    the agb 36 and 31 .

Cheers man ... nice ride

7. #57 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    GY200 rider
    Great report ChinaV, many thanks. To you too Carl for obtaining the hardware
    Now all we have to do is get one homologated for use in Europe. Here is Shandong Pioneers 250GY offering, I must admit I prefer the QM colour scheme and that chrome exhaust!
    I am enquiring into colour schemes and options from Shandong which I'll post up for anyone interested. I will possibly be importing some early next year!

Thanks again....
    Attached Images

8. #58 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Well well well! If it ain't ol' Henry V in person!

How you been doing mate? Things okay in the mountain of France? What's the moto-conomy like there?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

9. #59 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by dp-ktm View Post
    China V . Nice bike
    What makes the QIngqi 200-250 street legal and what makes these machines Not street legal in China :
    www.apollovehicle.com
    the agb 36 and 31 .

Cheers man ... nice ride
    dp, I am sure the Chinese based members could let you know the rules and regs for China first hand, but from what I have gathered is this: China has been discouraging motorcycles in many areas of large cities for some reason or another, up to and including immediate confiscation of some bikes on the spot by police. Perhaps due to non-registration/non-licensed riders? It seems that part of the whole process and procedures for a manufacturer is that they have to go through Chinese certification, which seems, due to wanting to eliminate motorcycles from the road, more difficult for manufactures to do. Qingqi has gone through the red tape, while Apollo has not, even though the Apollo bikes are certified for Europe (probably due to the importer going through the process. Apollo is essentially one of the several manufacturers set up to primarily export bikes rather than get them on the roads of China. Thus, you can't ride one of the Apollos from what I have understood , for any length of meaningful time. Apparently, you should be able to test the Galaxy bikes (not that you had wanted to, but they are, like SPX/Pitster, coming out with a Loncin water-cooled model, which may or may not be street legal like their air-cooled model is now--like China V's Galaxy), on the streets of China. Come to think of it, I bet you couldn't test one of the Loncin liquid-cooled SPX/Pitster bikes on the roads of China due to that company being primarily an exporter, like Apollo. Your best bet then would be to test the Qingqi for as long as you can on the roads of China, just to evaluate the engine as you had stated you didn't like the bike itself as much as the Apollo. Then, get hold of the Apollo and head back to Nepal and see how you like the bike itself. If you like it, then have Apollo engineer a chassis to take the Qingqi engine, and voila, you might have just created the ultimate Chinese bike outside of China !!

10. #60 Re: ChinaV's new MCM QingQi 250!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by dp-ktm View Post
    China V . Nice bike
    www.apollovehicle.com
    the agb 36 and 31 .

Cheers man ... nice ride
    As Culcune said, some manufacturers are only in the export market and do not have the ability to sell their bikes in China. QingQi is licensed for domestic sales, but they need to have each model of motorcycle approved for safety and emissions. This takes time and money, so many of the models they produce never get sold here in China. The QM250 is still in process, but I think it will become available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fenouilledes View Post
    I am enquiring into colour schemes and options from Shandong which I'll post up for anyone interested. I will possibly be importing some early next year!
    One of the colour options I saw was light grey, this crappy picture doesn't do it justice, but it really looked nice.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast