Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: swm super dual

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    The 650 Wee is the one IMO.
    The easy part is getting the right bike,
    The hard bit as I see it will be trying to ride around Tibet alone with no booked tour.
    Well good luck on both parts.
    Both the other 2 bikes are very good but as you are new to biking then I think the Wee will be a better choice.
    The other 2 are a bit more for advanced riders again IMO.

But also have a look at this bike.

https://m.kawasaki.com/product/detai...rsys-X-300-ABS

Not cheap here in China, but Maybe more suited for you.
    I agree with Prince for the 650 Suzuki.
    It has good travel genome and is comfy and easy in handling. Furthermore the range is best of all bikes and you will need that. Also the bad road capability is sufficient. The SWM is too off road oriented and the KTM is overpriced and for hardcore guys.
    The Kawa X300 is definitely worth to look at, but less power. Depending on your height you might also check Benelli TRK502, CFmoto 650 MT, Kawa Versus 650 or maybe a BMW F700( Used?).
    Also coming but not proven quality ZhongShen RX4.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

2. #22 Re: swm super dual 
    You can add the Honda CB500X as Well.
    But out off all the bikes mention.
    Pound for pound and a good bike and is my choice of bike in China just now.
    Is the CFmoto 650 MT
    All you need to do is fit a set of 80/20 tyres like the Pirelli MT 60 or the Trail 2 then you are good to go.

OI004619.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #23 Re: swm super dual 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Guys - thanks so much for the info - really appreciate it. I will definitely be checking out the CFMoto 650 and see how it compaes to the others. A friend of mine mentioned the Kawasaki 300 but I'm thinking I will want something bigger. I have met up with a great off-road instructor here in Shanghai and he says he can help organise the licences for Tibet as well as some trips off road around China to help build up my skills. ( Sadly he can't help with my licence ! )There is also a moto cross track just outside Shanghai I can go and practice. I already bought a cheap Chinese 250 to practice on the track there. Thanks again for your help and input - Regards Richard

4. #24 Re: swm super dual 
    Great news Richard.
    Things are looking up.
    As to regards to your friend saying "he says he can help organise the licences for Tibet "
    Well good luck I been trying to ride there for the last 9 years and as of today still not made it lol.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

5. #25 Re: swm super dual 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Prince666 - really you didn't manage Tibet yet ? How about trying with a group - I while back I found a couple of companies who specialize in organising 'tours' for westerners and they supposedly can get a licence that's valid for a few weeks - typically riding around on Yamaha 250s. My 'new friend' in Shanghai is back and forth from Tibet 2 or 3 times a year and gets well off the tourist track - HOWEVER - I don't actually know of any westerner that has gone with him before so I'll just have to take his word for it at the moment .......

6. #26 Re: swm super dual 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhonghao View Post
    Hi Prince666 - really you didn't manage Tibet yet ? How about trying with a group - I while back I found a couple of companies who specialize in organising 'tours' for westerners and they supposedly can get a licence that's valid for a few weeks - typically riding around on Yamaha 250s. My 'new friend' in Shanghai is back and forth from Tibet 2 or 3 times a year and gets well off the tourist track - HOWEVER - I don't actually know of any westerner that has gone with him before so I'll just have to take his word for it at the moment .......
    Ok I was invited to ride with a group of Chinese guys by CFmoto to test the new MT on a ride to Tibet.
    In the end with all the contacts CFmoto have there still could not sort out all the correct paperwork for me to ride in Tibet.
    Now I am not keen on doing a tour group ride to Tibet being told we're to go and stay.
    Just not me thanks.
    But my plans is this year to try and get a Chinese ID card .
    With that in hand I am heading to Tibet on my bike lol
    Even a local big police chief told me he would sort it out lol
    Still waiting lol
    I would not hold up to many hopes on your good Chinese friend to be abel to sort this out for you IMO.
    Sorry .

Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Ok I was invited to ride with a group of Chinese guys by CFmoto to test the new MT on a ride to Tibet.
    In the end with all the contacts CFmoto have there still could not sort out all the correct paperwork for me to ride in Tibet.
    Now I am not keen on doing a tour group ride to Tibet being told we're to go and stay.
    Just not me thanks.
    But my plans is this year to try and get a Chinese ID card .
    With that in hand I am heading to Tibet on my bike lol
    Even a local big police chief told me he would sort it out lol
    Still waiting lol
    I would not hold up to many hopes on your good Chinese friend to be abel to sort this out for you IMO.
    Sorry .
    You can partly ride Tibet and Tibetan plateau in Qinghai province. But yes, there are restricted areas. I plan right now to ride the area of KangDing near Chengdu. I learned you also need a permit but this is to achieve as foreign individual. Let's see whether it works out.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #28 Re: swm super dual 
    Hi ShuBen
    Done all the border area around Tibet from the south,east and north areas of China.
    Been and got stoped at many of the police check points ad you try to entry Tibet.
    So I have done Alot but still not be abel to get in lol .
    And still trying.

9. #29 Re: Comparison of Dual Bikes ... ? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    So this is why it's great to have a forum like this - thanks guys - really good to know and if CF Moto can't get the permits then I gotta wonder how I will :( Anyways as a newbie I'm sure I can get some good riding around the areas you guys have mentioned but at least I got a heads up on the situation from someone that has actually tried !

10. #30 Re: Comparison of Dual Bikes ... ? 
    Been trying for 9 years now Richard lol
    I will do it but only un-guided lol
    But hopeing this summer to go and see K2 Mountain number 2 in the world without having to entry Tibet ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast