Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Zagreb 
    C-Moto Noob
    I guess its a case of growing up but I dont buy into brand crap anymore.

Now its a case of

How much?

Does it work?

Is it more or less acceptable to look at?

Can I fix it myself without dragging it to some 12 year old to plug a lap top computer into it before a spanner is lifted.

So I bought a brand new Korean Chevrolet several years ago, those of you familiar with the BBC Top Gear show will know the Lacetti. I got it brand new for cash at a huge discount as Chevrolet the brand were pulling out of the European market I paid the same price as I had originally budgeted to buy a used Volkswagen Golf. Now when I mentioned my plan all the self declared experts, and my word there were many pointed out that parts would be impossible, service would be impossible, that I would be stuck with a pile of junk that I could not use. Well here we are years later and a 100K on the clock and the car is spot on and has crossed Europe 4 times so far, fully loaded with family and all the junk they insist on dragging with them. Its cracking little motor and has years more life in it.

So now I am looking for a bike, traffic in the city is now ridiculous. An hour + to crawl from one side of the city to the other. Nobody has time for that so I decided I would get another bike, and started my search. It needs to be Dual Sport I want to be sitting upright with a good field of view and to be visible. I looked at the usual suspects and narrowed it down to a DRZ 400, DR350, XR 250, you get the drift.

All of them I looked at were worn out, end of service life, covered in stickers of wannabe supercross riders and generally tired looking things.

Brand new is out of the question, so I came accross Chinese bikes and applying the same logic as the car if I take care of it (I do) and apply some preventative maintenace (I enjoy it) I could get a halfway decent looking bike for next to nothing money I save 2 hours on my commute and I can go exploring the local undemanding trails or along the river that nobody here even looks at.

Thats my reason for joining and I hope I will be able to contribute and learn.

Cheers.

C-Moto Guru
    Welcome, first at all write us what is in you market. What brands. If you could give us the three first vin number of bike you interested in, then we can give you infirmation about the Factory and its quality.

In Poland we have at least 4 importers -brands. They sell over 50 models of chineese bikes. The 50bikes comes from 8different factories.

From dual sport, search for keeway tx 125. Maybe you can get this with 200cc engine, ask the main importer, maybe they can order one for you, from wherhouse in hungary.

I made 38.000km with keeway cruiser (now the name is blackster) and i had not many problems with.

Or something from qingqi (kreidler?)

The zongshen rx3 is also good choice, but i do not know if you can buy it in your country.

3. #3 Re: Hello from Zagreb 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for your response

There is a bike I am interested in, its badged as Legend XY400Y The first 6 of the Chassis number is L4SYDS

xy400y.jpg

This bike looks exactly what I am looking for, very similar to a Honda XR. But I have read a couple of negative comments and would be interested to know if they are justified and start looking at other models.

The zongshen rx3 looks fantastic, I would consider travelling to collect one. As long as it is purchased in the EU it should not be too much of a problem to register here in Croatia.

C-Moto Guru
    VIN Code: L4S

Records found: 7

Company: ZHEJIANG XINGYUE VEHICLE CO., LTD

If i remeber it right than it was known also as motorro velas bm 400 is selled as gillera in Argentina/Brasil.

A friend of mine had one, but at 10000km He had a problem with the rear brak calipper. This was changed on warranty. If you have more questions you can log on on klub-chinskich-motocykli.pl search for user deamiens. He can give you more feedback to xingue.
    But after 10000km he had an accident with a car. The bike was not repairaible.

I think, the guys here will tell you more about this factory.

If you search for a zongshen rx3, you can buy in Poland (Romet ADV250 try olx.pl if used one or allegro.pl for new) or in Greece (maybe as zongshen ).

https://youtu.be/nhscnGbTiTo
    Last edited by beniamin82; 01-02-2018 at 06:13 PM.

C-Moto Guru
    The nearest romet dealer is in bratislava...

http://m.romet.pl/Gdzie_kupic,15.htm...rybutorzy-moto

6. #6 Re: Hello from Zagreb 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks for the info, its much appreciated I am sorry to hear about your friend's accident.

I got wiped out in the UK back in 2003 and this is my first bike since then and why I am specific about an Enduro/Trail style bike. The guy who took me out swore that he did not see me even though it was a bright purple GSXR 750 and my right of way, but your a rider you know all this .

Thanks again. I will update when I have some more info.

7. #7 Re: Hello from Zagreb 
    I still praise Shineray X2 . I saw them in a german online bike trade platform for 2+k Euro. Some modifications as i described in my report here.
    Not any electronic stuff and as i experienced reliable. Maybe the metalmonkey can say some more as he bought my bike at 10k km and rides it since then.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

C-Moto Guru
    The problem with shineray without electronics is the EU has EURO IV norm.
    That means ABS and injection is a must for new bikes.
    The only option is to buy used one.
    Romet has also the shineray 400, but after your test i do not know if it is a good option. And it is not cheap is more expensive than bajaj dominar 400, which is better build.

Quote Originally Posted by beniamin82 View Post
    The problem with shineray without electronics is the EU has EURO IV norm.
    That means ABS and injection is a must for new bikes.
    The only option is to buy used one.
    Romet has also the shineray 400, but after your test i do not know if it is a good option. And it is not cheap is more expensive than bajaj dominar 400, which is better build.
    Yeah, thats true, the X2 is only a "used buy option". The X5 (XY400GY) that i had was an early series. What i hear now seems somewhat better. But IMO too expensive.
    I think to look into the used Japanese section might be still interesting.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC