Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaV View Post
    What is the status of buying one of the XY250GY-2 for use on public roads in China, North America, and Europe. It's been a long time since we've heard something about the motard and dualsport versions of this bike. Tried their website, but a lot of the links are broken.

Any lurkers here own one?

Cheers!
    ChinaV
    You are the lucky one!
    ENDURO and SUPERMOTARD version could be purchased in germany and U.K and main european market.
    In Northern America you can get the DOT approved bike in Feb. We already accept preorder for MOTOCORSS verison X2.
    In China. Sorry I'm blind for this market.

There you are!

2. #32 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    You mean the X2? They were sent to Canada but looked like not in a road legal version. Forgot the company but I know it's on MCM somewheres. Also at least one copy was sent to jolly ol' England for testing. Videos of that are also on MCM but the post escapes me. I believe that version was going for road legal. If I can find the links I'll update them.

No news that I remember in the US or China. Maybe someone else can chime in?

CC
    Yap.I'm out to say something.
    The X2X could be purchased in U.S.A. and later only add lights and reflecter you can ride it on road legally. Sorry for the CHINA market. I know nothing about it.

3. #33 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Thanks for the response Mr. Shineray. I thought this might be an interesting motorcycle to buy in China, but I've never heard of someone purchasing one and getting it registered. Maybe in 2010 ?

Cheers!
    ChinaV

4. #34 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineray View Post
    The X2X could be purchased in U.S.A. and later only add lights and reflecter you can ride it on road legally. Sorry for the CHINA market. I know nothing about it.
    Can you tell us who is importing the X2 in the USA? Did it pass EPA?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #35 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    senior member of mcm
    saw this video of the bike, looks pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eu7Z...eature=related

6. #36 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Embedded -

---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

7. #37 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    i'm just back from Chonqing andf have been to the factory ...

i was in the showroom right at the entrance - unfortunately i have been in a rush coz i had to catch up with my plane so i didn't really check wether the road legal version of the XY250GY was there

a lot of other stuff was on the exhibit like quads and some smaller bikes for the local market

i visited the production era where the engines, quads and smaller bikes are assembled but didn't see the production of the dirtbikes

i even had the opportunity for a quick ride on a XY250 in the competition-version and met one of their drivers:

so far the handling seemed to be good - was just on a flat road so i do not know about the handling in cross-country, acceleration was also impressive and everything felt pretty sturdy and stable - brakes also ok

i didn't had a camera with me so i asked my pal to take a pic with his mobile - i will post it as soon as i got it from him

if those rides are roadlegal in China i will definately buy one!

from my point of view a highly recommended bike!

8. #38 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Senior
    They are here in the showrooms in Shanghai, both the motard and the enduro. As well, they had a Shineray long march, a 250 cc sportbike and a 250 cc standard. The motard and the enduro were listed at around 18,000 rmb. The long march was 9,000, the sportbike 14,000 and the standard 13,000. All apparently street legal, although I don't know.

9. #39 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    i'm just back from Chonqing andf have been to the factory ...

i was in the showroom right at the entrance - unfortunately i have been in a rush coz i had to catch up with my plane so i didn't really check wether the road legal version of the XY250GY was there

a lot of other stuff was on the exhibit like quads and some smaller bikes for the local market

i visited the production era where the engines, quads and smaller bikes are assembled but didn't see the production of the dirtbikes

i even had the opportunity for a quick ride on a XY250 in the competition-version and met one of their drivers:

so far the handling seemed to be good - was just on a flat road so i do not know about the handling in cross-country, acceleration was also impressive and everything felt pretty sturdy and stable - brakes also ok

i didn't had a camera with me so i asked my pal to take a pic with his mobile - i will post it as soon as i got it from him

if those rides are roadlegal in China i will definately buy one!

from my point of view a highly recommended bike!
    I should have been accompany with you if I know you earlier..... and I can let you test a lots of bikes.

10. #40 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineray View Post
    Midwest motorsports.com out of Alberta Canada distributes the Shineray machines.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast