Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hey MGAlbion,
    Thanks for the new info, if you didn't get my reply to your PM let me know and I will try another....

Hopefully I'll be back on the road in a few weeks.

Spoony

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hold your breath and money .
    X2X(XY250GY-2 MOTAR) will be released in domestic market soon.
    If your guys would like to have some fresh.
    It will cost you an arm and leg.
    I may be of little help if you want to get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shineray View Post
    Hold your breath and money .
    X2X(XY250GY-2 MOTAR) will be released in domestic market soon.
    If your guys would like to have some fresh.
    It will cost you an arm and leg.
    I may be of little help if you want to get it now.
    I would like one now please , cost is not an issue, I have an extra arm and leg

Thanks
    ChinaV

Shineray, do you work for hmm Shineray?

Tell us when the motorcycles can be registered, many people would like to buy them in China and ride them legally. If you can sell them for a reasonable price we can help you improve the bikes and publicize the bikes and increase export sales.
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

If anyone is still wondering about the galaxy XTR 250, i bought one a couple of months ago and am really happy with it. It's registered in nanjing, has plates and is fully road legal, so no problem there. It does need a fair bit of love, frequently check it all over for lose screws and that. 12000 wil get you a new one, the motard wheels are brilliant! the engine could really use a bit more grunt, but it's already plenty enough for me to kill myself on!

I talked with mister shineray himself today, nice guy, I would post his name here but he may not want me to do that, just send him a PM and he will get back with you.

I looked at the XY200GY-4 today, will post a pic of what they had on the showroom floor, only 9,600 out the door with out a plate, another 700 should get it legal. I'm leaning this way right now, just because of the hassle with the 250. I can ride this for a year, and then see if next summer they can get the 250 on the road legal.

Does any one know what kind of engine shineray is using, ie, like QingQi is a Suzuki knock off, and does it have a pretty good maintenance history.

Thanks for all the help and good posts,
    Spoony

Picture of the exact bike on the floor today!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Why would you want a Galaxy?

The bike is tiny, it will look silly and too small unless you are 5ft2.

The engine is a jurassic 230cc 12KW engine, Loncin or Zongshen. The Shineray has a 17-18KW water cooled-engine, they are in a different league on paper, at least. If the Shineray can be registered in China, it would be the better of the two.

Did I check out the wrong Galaxy, , the one from culcune's post says it has a seat height of 970, thats a bit tall to me.
    it was from this link: http://www.puzey.co.za/commuters/xtrmotard250_main.asp

Just asking because it looks cool, but too tall for my short ass

RRash,

Shineray uses Honda based motors. The GY4 you're looking at though is a Yamaha XT250 based design with a Honda motor in it so it's easy to get confused.

- Yamaha XT250 -

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    Did I check out the wrong Galaxy, , the one from culcune's post says it has a seat height of 970, thats a bit tall to me.
    it was from this link: http://www.puzey.co.za/commuters/xtrmotard250_main.asp

Just asking because it looks cool, but too tall for my short ass
    I do think it's the same Galaxy at 970mm, which seems a bit high. Puzey (S. Africa and Australia) and Pitster Pro (US and Canada) have a version of something (I was told that it's not Galaxy derived, and might be an actual OEM as opposed to being a rebadged version of someone's bike) that uses the Loncin liquid-cooled 250cc engine. However, I am not sure if it is available in China!

http://pitsterpro.com/bike/specs/id/31

From the Pitster site, it states 36" but can be lowered to 32.5" (sorry for my laziness of not converting to metric, but you get the idea).

Here is the enduro version's specs:

http://pitsterpro.com/bike/specs/id/33

There is a good article on testing of an MX version from an Australian magazine:

http://pitsterpro.com/uploads/docs/XTR%20250.pdf

and if you bang around Pitster's gallery section on their site, there are photos of the enduro flying around and seemingly not falling apart!!

The only catch is that I don't think these versions of the bike are actually available in China, so waiting for the Shineray might be the way to go, while we in the US will probably never see the Shineray, but can obtain the Pitster Pro--

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I'm back .
    I'm officially Working for Shineray but May not know the domestic market as well as some of your guys. Just call me Shineray.

AS my upstair fellow said.
    "The only catch is that I don't think these versions of the bike are actually available in China, so waiting for the Shineray might be the way to go, while we in the US will probably never see the Shineray, but can obtain the Pitster Pro--"
    We may destroy this mind that you have. Shineray may have DOT approved MOTARD in US market very soon. Guys I'm sure Our X2 (motocross)will have a place that Pitster pro XTR250 may shockX2X is on the way .Baby .

If you are willing to purchase a X2X( MOTARD) In U.S. I'm the right person you should turn to .

For those who would like to spend your EXTRA RMB. call me at 86-23-65733920. Speak to MR Shineray

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast