Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Shineray, do you work for hmm Shineray?

Tell us when the motorcycles can be registered, many people would like to buy them in China and ride them legally. If you can sell them for a reasonable price we can help you improve the bikes and publicize the bikes and increase export sales.
    I will post right here when it's ready.
    Thank you guys

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rash View Post
    I talked with mister shineray himself today, nice guy, I would post his name here but he may not want me to do that, just send him a PM and he will get back with you.

I looked at the XY200GY-4 today, will post a pic of what they had on the showroom floor, only 9,600 out the door with out a plate, another 700 should get it legal. I'm leaning this way right now, just because of the hassle with the 250. I can ride this for a year, and then see if next summer they can get the 250 on the road legal.

Does any one know what kind of engine shineray is using, ie, like QingQi is a Suzuki knock off, and does it have a pretty good maintenance history.

Thanks for all the help and good posts,
    Spoony

Picture of the exact bike on the floor today!

Carl posted the photo . You should have know that GY4 was based on YAMAHA250. They are exactly the same overall look.We make the engine ourselves. Shineray 200CC air-cooled engine.

B.T.W I forgot to tell you that. X2X(MOTARD) IS HUGE.seat height 920mm.
    dry weight 125 kg.

Shineray,

Thanks for participating on MCM. You can see there are more than a couple passionate members about Chinese bikes here. As near as I can tell, just about 100 percent of the people you've exchanged ideas with are intelligent, committed people with a great potential to put your bikes to the test. I'm proud to say MCM probably has THE MOST serious riders of Chinese motorcycles anywhere on the Net!

I'd like to ask you what are Shineray's plans for the next Taklamakan Rally?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Hey Shineray!

(Sorry for the hijack, guys)

What about a GY-VII Military style here in the US?

I've actually been considering finding some 70's Jap enduro to "convert" to that style. Granted it's via spray cans and scrapyard finds.

Yeah, it's kinda a ghetto idea, but I've been waiting for LONG time for the Long March in the States.

Holla!

Ok, back to y'alls thread.......

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCarl View Post
    Shineray,

Thanks for participating on MCM. You can see there are more than a couple passionate members about Chinese bikes here. As near as I can tell, just about 100 percent of the people you've exchanged ideas with are intelligent, committed people with a great potential to put your bikes to the test. I'm proud to say MCM probably has THE MOST serious riders of Chinese motorcycles anywhere on the Net!

I'd like to ask you what are Shineray's plans for the next Taklamakan Rally?

CC
    CC ,thank you for your reply. I'm not sure about the taklamakan rally.
    but there might be Dakar rally in 2010. I will let your guys know when
    I have official news

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by iMoose View Post
    Hey Shineray!

(Sorry for the hijack, guys)

What about a GY-VII Military style here in the US?

I've actually been considering finding some 70's Jap enduro to "convert" to that style. Granted it's via spray cans and scrapyard finds.

Yeah, it's kinda a ghetto idea, but I've been waiting for LONG time for the Long March in the States.

Holla!

Ok, back to y'alls thread.......
    contact my MSN/mail at: liujames2001@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shineray View Post
    CC ,thank you for your reply. I'm not sure about the taklamakan rally.
    but there might be Dakar rally in 2010. I will let your guys know when
    I have official news
    It will be interesting for Shineray if they enter the 2010 Dakar rally seeing as the KTM factory has pulled out.

Maybe Shineray should put out a 450 rally raid model.That would put the motorcycle world on notice.

2011 would be a good year as the Dakar organizers have announced there will not be any motorcycles over 450cc in 2011.

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdamo View Post
    It will be interesting for Shineray if they enter the 2010 Dakar rally seeing as the KTM factory has pulled out.

Maybe Shineray should put out a 450 rally raid model.That would put the motorcycle world on notice.

2011 would be a good year as the Dakar organizers have announced there will not be any motorcycles over 450cc in 2011.
    Hi big damo. You do knows a lot about Dakar.
    Yes only KTM offer 690CC rally bike. other company may reject this rally for it's nonsense and no competition at all. no offense to TKM.
    I'm sure Dakar is a good opportunity for shineray to have a try .

9. #29 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    What is the status of buying one of the XY250GY-2 for use on public roads in China, North America, and Europe. It's been a long time since we've heard something about the motard and dualsport versions of this bike. Tried their website, but a lot of the links are broken.

Any lurkers here own one?

Cheers!
    ChinaV

10. #30 Re: Road-ready Shineray XY250GY-2 Thoughts... 
    You mean the X2? They were sent to Canada but looked like not in a road legal version. Forgot the company but I know it's on MCM somewheres. Also at least one copy was sent to jolly ol' England for testing. Videos of that are also on MCM but the post escapes me. I believe that version was going for road legal. If I can find the links I'll update them.

No news that I remember in the US or China. Maybe someone else can chime in?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast