Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hi from Liverpool. 
    C-Moto Noob
    I am an older starter to motorbikes. Just done my compulsory training and I pick up my Zontes Firefly on Saturday. I can’t wait.

2. #2 Re: Hi from Liverpool. 
    Hi and welcome to MCM

May your time riding be a long one, that will depend on how long the Zontes last.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

3. #3 Re: Hi from Liverpool. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello, welcome to MCM. Zontest is a very nice bike. I'm sure with proper maintenance and handling, it will last long. :-)

4. #4 Re: Hi from Liverpool. 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi

Welcome, that's quite a nice looking bike. As Yvonne has said, keep on top of maintainence, I would suggest getting a tutoro auto chain oiler, I have those on a couple of bike, and they make a huge difference to chain life. Get some ACF-50 and coat what you can with it, especially, if your area is like here, and has got boat loads of road grit about !! Even with a coating of acf-50, if riding in these conditions, at least rinse the bike off. Unfortunately, if you join a UK bike forum, you'll need a thick skin, being a chinese bike owner. I've had plenty of chinese bikes over the years, and there's only been 1 I haven't been overly enamoured with, and that wasn't a Zontes :-) To be fair, even that bike, which I've had electrical problems with (now resolved I hope) has come into it's own this winter.