Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hey in Beijin!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Hi,

Congrats on passing the test.
    Did you do your theory in Mandarin or English?
    The shop mentioned from Prince is most probably QiLi motors just inside south-southeast 5th ring. I wasn't there for a while but, yes, already then it was huge and had from scooter to big CC bikes a large variety to display. Also accessories and gear they have a lot.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    The shop mentioned from Prince is most probably QiLi motors just inside south-southeast 5th ring. I wasn't there for a while but, yes, already then it was huge and had from scooter to big CC bikes a large variety to display. Also accessories and gear they have a lot.

Here the map for QiLi

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #13 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    Thanks, Mr Ben

lossed all my bookmarks on MapsMe
    Was very impressed with the shop.
    Great service support and well-trained machines.
    As you mentioned a well stocked retail shop which is worth a visit.
    Has a full range of top brand stuff.

Please if you could add the GPS numbers for the shop will help people to find.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Quote Originally Posted by prince666 View Post
    Thanks, Mr Ben

lossed all my bookmarks on MapsMe
    Was very impressed with the shop.
    Great service support and well-trained machines.
    As you mentioned a well stocked retail shop which is worth a visit.
    Has a full range of top brand stuff.

Please if you could add the GPS numbers for the shop will help people to find.
    I need to check with a friend for more shops. The QiLi motors has a separate section for CFmoto and a lot of other bike and scooter brands. But I missed the vast selection of gears and helmet shown on tour photo. So I guess there must be another big shop in that area.

SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

5. #15 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    C-Moto Noob
    @modron thanks! The test was in english

Visited the Qili store this Sunday, they have a big selection of bikes and staff is really nice, was a bit surprised because they are dressed a bit like police officers haha. Even though they don't speak english we used a translation app for communication.

Looked at the NK's and the only thing that put me off was that the instrument clusters seem a bit low quality, at least compared to the Honda CB190.

Their prices are the same as on the official website, just I feel that they charge a bit too much for the jingB registration, almost 2000 RMB.

After the last visit I am leaning more towards the honda than the NK. I was searching on XianYu, and found a one year old one at a pretty decent price, the guy has a private plate, but he agreed to change it to a public one and support the costs. Going to check it out next week.

@Shuben the gear store is on the side road perpendicular to the motorcycle dealer one, about 200m away. Unfortunately I got a bit lost getting there on one of my friends gas scooters (not riding on the ring roads makes things complicated), so I arrived just after they closed the gear shop.

Btw, my friend has a gas scooter, he paid 4500 rmb for it, including registration, the store said it's 50cc, but it goes to 100km/h! Riding it makes me really excited about getting a bike.

Do you guys know if the traffic cameras work for the motorcycle licences? And if yes, and I have a public jingB, does the fine go to the company it is registered to?

Thanks for the info!

6. #16 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    Do you guys know if the traffic cameras work for the motorcycle licences? And if yes, and I have a public jingB, does the fine go to the company it is registered to?
    Never had a Traffic Camera fine on any of my bikes in 10 years? Not sure if there work or don't care?

That said you live in the Beijing area, so things may be different.
    Fines get logged against the bike, check with your Chinese friends about the Chinese website where you can check if the bike has any fines logged.

There is also a Chinese app that you can load on your phone that will send you a text message when a fine pops up.

Also its always best to clear fines before the start date of you Chinese DL?.

Take 10 points say 1 day before this date, then 1 day after this date the points are cleared?

Also "IF" the bikes need to be inspected, no inspection can be carried out until the fines are cleared?

TIC
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

7. #17 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    In BJ partly motorcycles are catched by cameras.
    Especially watch out JingMi Road (over speeding) parallel to airport expressway and the emergency lanes at airport expressway (driving on emergency lane).
    There you win a ticket for sure.

Tech inspection gets very strict now. On my GS1200 even the engine guards need to be taken off and slip on exhaust had to be replaced against original pipe.
    ... and yes, without clearing penalties and valid insurance you wont get a renewed sticker.
    The good thing is, that they send you a info for the upcoming inspection requirement to your mobile. Big brother doesn't forget you :-)
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #18 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    C-Moto Regular
    Same with Shanghai. Inner Ring they are catching bikes and scooters a like for speeding, parking, not yielding... blah blah. I personally have not yet... but many fellow riders.

9. #19 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice, ended up getting a CBF190x, found it a bit more comfortable than the CB190r. And for a bit better price than the CB190x. Got it from a second hand dealear, 13300 including all paperwork, 2017 model, public jing B.

Gonna do some night and weekend riding for a while, until I get the hang of changing gears, hopefully can take it out for an out of town ride sometime next month.

Give a wave and a honk if you see a foreign dude riding it with full face helmet and jacket in this sweaty heat lol.

1532993958238.jpg

10. #20 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    Great news

Good luck with the new bike.
    You will soon get the hang of changing gears.
    Lol
    After nearly 40 years riding I still miss a few. Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast