Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Hey in Beijin!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Hey in Beijin! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey everyone,

I've been riding an ebike for almost 2 years now, getting around Xiamen and Beijing , and since it seems i'll be here for a while, I've decided to finally fulfill my dream of owning a motorcycle. I'm still thinking about if I should go for the Ninja 250, or CFmoto 400nk, I don't care that much about styling, just a good beginner ride.

But anyway, i'll decide that after I take my driving licence exam in 2 weeks (thank you dcar for the great guide, thanks to you it was very straight forward to register).

I have a question for you guys, I tried searching the forum but I didn't find any thread about this. Does anyone know whats the process of buying a second hand motorcycle in beijing, one with a public jing B plate? I live just inside 4th ring road, I won't be able to register it under my name.

If anyone is looking for somone to ride with, send me a PM, would love to meet some people here.

2. #2 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    C-Moto Guru
    Good luck with the test. It would be interesting to see how you booked this. Do you have to do the written test in Mandarin? Where is it booked? Beijing? Meaning you're registered as living in Beijing...

I beleive the JingB plates can only be registered to a Chinese person, no?

3. #3 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Passed the test yesterday! Had some weird tricky questions but managed to get 95 points. I bought the test answers from taobao and went through all of them, helped a lot, they are not 100% accurate, but pretty close, I will post them on the forum!

@Metalmonkey Booking was very easy, just need a couple of documents, there is a detailed guide from dcar, just search for "New PDF Guide: Getting your motorcycle licence in Beijing", shout-out for him ! it was very helpful. Yes you have to be registered in the city you are going to take the test.

@Shuben That is definitely a reasonable request, I will let you know as soon as I have everything in place, I'm planning to stay here for a while so getting into trouble is not an option. I will send you a message as soon as I have everything in check.

@Shuben @Asymptomatic thanks for the info on the Ninja, I am looking for something a bit more than just a city bike, I think I will keep my Niu for short trips around the city, it's great for shopping and doing errands.

I would love to use the bike for weekend trips around Beijing, maybe even longer ones in some holidays.

I was also looking into the KTM Duke, but it's a bit out of my price range this year, so I think best bet would be to get something around 20k (keeping second hand as an option).

@Asymptomatic where did try the NK250? I looked into it, and it would seem perfect for my budget. Are there any dealerships in Beijing? Didn't find any info on that on their website.

Any other bike recommendations would also be great.

Also I'm looking into buying a jacket, last week was super warm already, so I am thinking about a mesh jacket with hard shell protection, but can't seem to find one. Do you guys wear Chinese brands? I see Nerve is pretty popular.

Looking forward to riding together !

4. #4 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    Congrats! Did you have a foreign bike license before?

When you want to go out of BJ also for overnight stays and longer trips I advise definitely an "all road" bike.

for small money: Honda CB190X or Suzuki DL250 Vstrom
    https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm...ucket=5#detail

for medium money: CFmoto 650 MT

and my favourite: MG500

Alternatively the Shineray 440 line or some Benellis

IMO for longer distance a twin cylinder bike is more comfort.

Send me a PM if you need more info and I can also name you some reliable dealers.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

5. #5 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    Well done that man on passing the test.
    96 very good
    CFmoto in Beijing
    There is a very good one that has a large showroom with loads of Riding gear as well.
    But I lost all my bookmarks on my maps the other day.
    Talk to Shuben he will know the place I am sure.
    Was very impressed with the workshop set up as well.
    The new NK250, spot on a good starter bike.
    Last year spent 14 days riding around the far west of Beijing mountains.
    I was surprised how good it was.
    Ps, ShuBen it's the big dealer south of Beijing with the shop workshop just off the main road
    And the showroom on the main road.

shop.jpg

shop1.jpg

shop2.jpg

shop3.jpg

shop4.jpg
    Last edited by prince666; 04-04-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #6 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    In the same shop, I purchased a REV'IT mesh Summer/winter jacket, not cheap but IMO (2800RMB} a very good brand.
    It comes with a removable winter liner, so cool in summer hot in winter.

shop6.jpg

shop7.jpg

I purchased the jacket for my trip to Thailand were at times temperatures was hitting 45c

shop8.jpg
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

Quote Originally Posted by Metalmonkey View Post
    Good luck with the test. It would be interesting to see how you booked this. Do you have to do the written test in Mandarin? Where is it booked? Beijing? Meaning you're registered as living in Beijing...

I beleive the JingB plates can only be registered to a Chinese person, no?
    B plate can be registered to Chinese if their residence registration is outside 4th ring. Or to a dealer company, or to a foreigner when he is residence registered in the very outskirts ( if I remember correctly areas like Huairou or YanQing).

Once you are fully legal with bike and DL, insurance etc feel free to contact me for riding. Only then! I don't want to spend hours in police checks or legal issues in case of an accident. I think this is a reasonable request.

The 250 Ninja is a reliable and nice, but dimensional small bike. Check out if it fit your height. If you have adventurousness better check something more suitable as the BJ mountains have also many back roads to discover where a Ninja would be abused. Feel free to ask for advise.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

8. #8 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    think this is a reasonable request.
    A very reasonable request IMO with a further request that you can ride?
    Don't want to wait too long for other riders to catch up lol.

9. #9 Re: Hey in Beijin! 
    I am partial to the KTM Duke line, it makes a great bike for sport riding, its pretty good off road with a pair of Shinko's or Pirelli MT50s and it makes a good touring bike if you get a better seat or seat pad. However if you are trying to save money, I recently had the opportunity to ride the new NK250 ABS version and it was a very pleasant experience. I have never been on the 400. I am with Shuben on the Ninja 250. It is not really a take anywhere bike for China. I would look around for a cb300 or something with more versatile seating position and suspension. If you do not plan to do any road trips though, the little ninja could be fun. I love the smaller cc bikes for just in town riding. I might buy a little honda cb190r just for that. It is a really fun bike also, their is another guy in beijing that rides his cb190r everywhere. If you ever make it way north, and you most likely never will since we have nothing worth coming to see, then I will ride with ya!
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

Quote Originally Posted by modron View Post
    Hi,

Congrats on passing the test.
    Did you do your theory in Mandarin or English?
    The shop mentioned from Prince is most probably QiLi motors just inside south-southeast 5th ring. I wasn't there for a while but, yes, already then it was huge and had from scooter to big CC bikes a large variety to display. Also accessories and gear they have a lot.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast