Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Looking for a bike in Kunming, Yunnan 
    C-Moto Guru
    Living in Yunnan and locking for a Dual Use Motard.
    The Shineray looks fine, Qingqi as well. Dont intend for the long haul, maybe occasionally for the weekend into the mountains...otherwise around town to the office, supermarket and so on.
    Any recommendations on registerable bike?

btw. I have residence permit and Chinese Driving License.

2. #2 Me too !!! 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    I am also in Kunming, also have a resident permit, and also looking for a bike. Driving license coming soon!!
    Ideally, what i wanted:: a Honda Transalp, or a Kawasaki KLR 650. But, that's almost not possible in China, as i understand from many people.
    So, moving on.. to Chinese motorcycles. I went to 金世纪摩托车配件批发城, some area in Guandu district with a lot of motorcycle shops, most motorcycles, not scooters. I remember seeing a Shineray (army color) and some other brand dual sport for (14000 ~ 16000) RMB, i dont remember the exact number. I did not find any Jialing or Lifan, however. I did not find that a very good deal, comparing to what I could buy for the same money, a second hand Honda anywhere else in the world, for example.
    So I am still not sure what is my best choice, for that i think i should start a new thread.

But we should team up, since we are both in Kunming, it would be nice to work together on this, maybe get a discount for getting two bikes...

Good luck anyway.

C-Moto Guru
    Hi Slabo, good to see other guys around from south of the clouds...
    I'm not in town the next weeks, but we should meet when I'm back, somewhen mid of June.
    Lets see what we can find...

C-Moto Guru
    I found the Asiawing contact in Kunming:
    the address is: C1-6,Jinshiji motorcycle spare parts sales city,Guandu,Kunming
    the phone No.:0871-7384111
    contact person: Mr. Wangshiyuan mobile:13888279327

Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hello Andre;
    What about license plates?
    I hear kunming you cannot get new plates issued, but can only buy used bikes with existing plates. That is the official version from The Traffic Control department. I just found this out today. You know how to get the registration done ?
    I will also go check the used motorcycle market, but i am really dont want to buy second hand. I will check more shops over the holiday.

Also,I found the Yamaha dealer and was very impressed with the YBR125, 9000 rmb (the yamaha version of a Nighthawk).
    They also have a dual sport. The bike looks good, down to small details. Cost 9500 rmb [ATTACH]Yamaha YBR125G[/ATTACH].
    They also had a good work shop.
    I dont have the address now, i will post it later.
    Attached Images

6. #6 Yamaha and Suzuki dealers in Kunming 
    Senior C-Moto Guru
    Hello Andre;

The Yamaha dealer 云南雅马哈商务有限公司
    address: 昆明市滇池路西贡码头迎海路3号
    Phone: 0871-4320655
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com.cn/dealer/0003.html#yn

Right next door to it is Suzuki. They were asking 6900 RMB for their GN125H.

Good luck!!

YBR 125 for over 9,000? Last time I saw it about a year ago it was around 7,000. Be careful you are getting a good deal!
    Without consciousness, space and time are nothing; in reality you can take any time -- whether past or future -− as your new frame of reference. Death is a reboot that leads to all potentialities.

Senior C-Moto Guru
    ZMC888, Which one are you talking about? the one i saw for 9000 comes with front disc brakes, a round headlight and comstar wheels. I can't find it exactly online, sorry i dont read chinese.
    I think it is this one, YBR125S
    But the brochure i have shows YBR125S as the sport model. I think its a mistake in the website.

I also saw::
    • Honda 8000 WH125-7, from Wuyang Hunda, for 8000 RMB.
    • And the Suzuki Haojue GN125H, for 6900 RMB.

So we are comparing apples to apples, both have front disc brakes, a round headlight and comstar wheels.

Any other suggestions? What about CrazyCarl's ZhongXin ZX 150-5, i cannot find anything about that bike.
    Any advice appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by slabo; 06-04-2009 at 01:23 AM. Reason: i wrote this half asleep !!

Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    Which one are you talking about the one with front disc brakes, a round headlight and comstar wheels. I can't find it exactly online, sorry i dont read chinese.
    I think it is this one, YBR125S
    But I am the brochure i have shows YBR125S as the sport model. I think its a mistake in the website.

I also saw::
    • Honda 8000 WH125-7, from Wuyang Hunda, for 8000 RMB.
    • And the Suzuki Haojue GN125H, for 6900 RMB.

So we are comparing apples to apples, both have front disc brakes, a round headlight and comstar wheels.

Any other suggestions? What about CrazyCarl's ZhongXin ZX 150-5, i cannot find anything about that bike.
    WH125-7 is ~7500 RMB (shipping included) if buy from "net" (authorized Wuyang Honda delear in Guangzhou)

Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    Ahhh... good ol' Cannonball. I miss her so. She was basically a Honda Nighthawk 250 with a 150 engine in it. Jialing makes a Nighthawk 250 version of this bike (Jialing possibly makes the Nighthawk 250 for Honda) that is available if you look around.

Even for my 6'1" height, cannonball was good ti ride around town and on dirt roads because it was so light. For the same size engine, it had a higher top speed than a dual-sport. Downside was there are no REALLY strong luggage rack options for those bikes without getting friendly with a good welder. Otherwise, I honestly could not have asked for more besides a larger motor.

Ahhhh... good ol' Cannonball....

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast