Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Engine Swap for QM125GY-2B; 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hey sorry if in the wrong section/ this seems like a good place to put it?

I own a 125 sinnis Blade which is resold under many names, I believe the proper model name by the company who sells the OEM bike is QM125GY-2B(BSD), I see on their site and on this site its possible to buy a 250 version, however sinnis stopped doing 250 bikes a while ago, I have tried to contact Jinan Qingqi which I know is the company sinnis get everything from, but I have never gotten a reply email. I saw on their site that the 250 is called QM250GY-B(BSD), now I think I am correct in saying I would also need a new carb, and perhaps some new exhaust but could anyone point me in the direction of getting hold of the 250CC engine and parts? or a 250+ engine which will fit my frame. I have a full bike licence and my road bike is a Triumph Tiger 900, but this is my toy for off road. I DID have a DR 650 but it blew up :(.

Sorry if this is the totally wrong place to ask, thought I would try my luck.

I just need a bit more power on long distance motorways and stuff.
    Also I know that the bike engine is the EXACT same as a Sinnis Apache 125, so the 250 apache would fit and work, its just getting hold of it.

2. #2 Re: Engine Swap for QM125GY-2B; 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmozach View Post
    Hey sorry if in the wrong section/ this seems like a good place to put it?

I own a 125 sinnis Blade which is resold under many names, I believe the proper model name by the company who sells the OEM bike is QM125GY-2B(BSD), I see on their site and on this site its possible to buy a 250 version, however sinnis stopped doing 250 bikes a while ago, I have tried to contact Jinan Qingqi which I know is the company sinnis get everything from, but I have never gotten a reply email. I saw on their site that the 250 is called QM250GY-B(BSD), now I think I am correct in saying I would also need a new carb, and perhaps some new exhaust but could anyone point me in the direction of getting hold of the 250CC engine and parts? or a 250+ engine which will fit my frame. I have a full bike licence and my road bike is a Triumph Tiger 900, but this is my toy for off road. I DID have a DR 650 but it blew up :(.

Sorry if this is the totally wrong place to ask, thought I would try my luck.

I just need a bit more power on long distance motorways and stuff.
    Also I know that the bike engine is the EXACT same as a Sinnis Apache 125, so the 250 apache would fit and work, its just getting hold of it.
    Hi there bud I've looked into this the 250 is a different lump way bigger as it has a balanced shaft. You would be looking for a superbyke rmr200 or gs200 or dr200. If your like me in the UK you will find it hard getting one as our licence limits in UK are different to the us where they are more popular. There is 150cc kits available. My friend had the 125 bored to 190cc but it took him a lot of effort and was not reliable.

3. #3 Re: Engine Swap for QM125GY-2B; 
    C-Moto Noob
    What do you mean by balanced shaft and surely the engine cases use the same bolt alignment I’m not sure as I want to put 200 or 250 cc lump in my rmr125 is there anyone that has done this kinda engine swap