Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Dayang bikes, worth buying for a year or two? 
    Hey guys, for starters I likely spelled that wrong. I think their is a U in that name or something.

Anyways, I have a few foreign friends, they just got their licenses and are thinking about buying a couple used 125cc Dayaung? motorcycles to learn on before they spend any real money. I found a couple of these for them at only 1700rmb a pop, used 2011 versions.

I also found some Sanlg and Haojue bikes around the same price.

Considering I see Chinese people on them everywhere. I would gander that they are worth it for learning and just putting around the city.

What is the consensus on this forum though? Again, temp bikes, later they will buy something more suitable.

I look forward to your seasoned opinions. Also, my wife has a 125cc scooter from this company that she has been riding for 2 years now with out issues but hers was new.... not used.
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptomatic View Post
    Hey guys, for starters I likely spelled that wrong. I think their is a U in that name or something.

Anyways, I have a few foreign friends, they just got their licenses and are thinking about buying a couple used 125cc Dayaung? motorcycles to learn on before they spend any real money. I found a couple of these for them at only 1700rmb a pop, used 2011 versions.

I also found some Sanlg and Haojue bikes around the same price.

Considering I see Chinese people on them everywhere. I would gander that they are worth it for learning and just putting around the city.

What is the consensus on this forum though? Again, temp bikes, later they will buy something more suitable.

I look forward to your seasoned opinions. Also, my wife has a 125cc scooter from this company that she has been riding for 2 years now with out issues but hers was new.... not used.
    DaYang is a Quote common chinese farmer bike Brand, same as Haojue. IMO Haojue US more interesting as they teamed up with Suzuki and may got a little more quality awareness. If you do at least some minimum maintenance these bikes are nearly not to ruin. You might be surprised what crappy stuff without any care is still rolling in the countryside. Parts are unbelievable cheap on TaoBao.
    For learning and getting routine i think you can give it a try.

Sent from my GN8003 using Tapatalk
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

3. #3 Re: Dayang bikes, worth buying for a year or two? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuBen View Post
    DaYang is a Quote common chinese farmer bike Brand...
    These farmer bike's rotary shift pattern drive ppl to nuts

4. #4 Re: Dayang bikes, worth buying for a year or two? 
    Your right, i drove one for the first time and kept screwing up my shifting! However, my buddies, being their first bikes, they do not know any better. Here are the bikes they picked. I played on both of them and they were so light and nimble!

IMG_20180424_143106.jpgIMG_20180424_143106.jpg
    “I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
    Triumph Speedmaster, Di ping xian da pao che 5000W, KTM Duke 390, Dayang DY150, Jencheng 150 Razkull Clone